Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > "BEST" AR, "BEST" Upgrades....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I don't have anything to prove to you-- I haven't seen your creds-- and I don't care if you have any-- Your nothing but an arm chair commando IMHO-- I don't shoot cause you can't see any wear? lol your a joke and a bitter one too, maybe you should have your old eyes checked.

Sorry if I take a can of paint to my rifle every now and then, I didn't know I had to check in with a loser on the net before I painted it.

The word "KIT" is new to you-- lol wow-- maybe you should get out more. Once again I apologize if my choice of vocabulary offends you? Get over it and yourself.

Out of those 17 years-- just how many comps did you place in? I'm betting none-- you seem like the type of old grumpy man that says he competes for the experience and that winning doesn't matter-- typical lib speak. Then again maybe your old eyes are the problem.

Club house gun-- I don't even know what that is-- it must be nice to belong to a club that has a clubhouse, or do you mean your tree house?

I can't believe I just waisted 10 minutes on you.

"Trust in God, but keep your powder dry."
signed,
Joe

Last edited by JPBeck; 08-20-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:44 PM   #22

Here's one picture of a unused rifle-- just to get your blood boiling. Have a great day giving cut and paste advice and insulting people via the safety of the net.

That's me pointing to my unused rifle------- I'm not flipping you the bird-- my index finger was blown off while serving in the first Gulf.

I just discovered the ignore feature-- awesome.

"Trust in God, but keep your powder dry."
signed,
Joe

Last edited by JPBeck; 08-20-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Entertaining

I'm loving this thread. One crazy guy v. pretty much everyone else here

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
-Ronald Reagan

Old 08-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_REPUBLICAN View Post
I'm loving this thread. One crazy guy v. pretty much everyone else here
I know who he is. I recognize his original screen name. He owns a Jeep with a bunch of "gadgets" and "expensive parts that [he doesn't] need". He is blatantly trolling or just to ignorant to understand that different people have different tastes. And though he owns a rather customized Jeep, he seems to think that he is the only one that has the right to customize their own crap.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Ah Man, I don't think he's crazy. I think he's more than a little pissed off at the world, but I don't think he's crazy.

I just keep wondering why we don't see any endorsed products from him and his select group of shooters. He references a scope that he knows about ( for REAL shooters ) - doesn't link it for anyone who might be interested. He talks about all the stuff that is wrong with "all these other posts" - but we don't get anything other than him telling us that he and his guys would laugh at you if you showed up with it.

It sounds like the guy has some time behind the trigger - it's really too bad he doesn't want to share any of the hard earned knowledge with anyone here, but prefers to sit back and cast stones into the pond. Leaving me to wonder why join a firearms site in the first place.

Lots of gun clubs are like that though - there is a select group of guys who will only talk to you so they can get some information to go off and laugh about. Whatever. JP's got about the right idea - what do you personally care what this one guy thinks of your weapon? He's probably never going to see it, and if he does, it doesn't sound like he will address the issue to you directly.

The gun world is full of more "experts" than just about any other field. Everyone is one, or claims to be.

Some people want to horde the information and keep it to themselves. Some want to share and try to help out. Some are trying to learn.

If you listen long enough, everyone can teach you something about a weapon they are familiar with. Not everyone is willing to listen though...

JD

Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I know who he is. I recognize his original screen name. He owns a Jeep with a bunch of "gadgets" and "expensive parts that [he doesn't] need". He is blatantly trolling or just to ignorant to understand that different people have different tastes. And though he owns a rather customized Jeep, he seems to think that he is the only one that has the right to customize their own crap.
Wow!

I believe he was also the guy who posted this:

Quote:
Build Your Own AR Guide - Page 3

SO....

What happened to this 'Build Em' thread?

- AR Hammer 05-12-2008 01:46PM
JD

Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 202

This has gotten quite entertaining! Geez people, grow a thicker skin!

I hope none of this rant was aimed at me and my "opinions". No, I do not "understand" why some one would spend $1000 on an optic for an AR. That does not mean the guy who has an ACOG is a tool. It simply means he has more disposable income than I do. Just because a guy accessorizes his rifle to the nth degree does not make a man a "mall ninja". Nor does owning only a Winchester .30-30 make a man a non-markman (no offense to the lever action fans).

I have a C-more scout scope on my carbine and it works for me. I got mine over 10 years ago when the price was right and have only changed the battery once (I am amazed how well it holds up).

I have a Redi-mag on both my AR's as I need the rifle to come out of the trunk at a moments notice and go with me into harms way. Carrying a "tac-vest" full of mags is not what the local citizenry want to see.

I am a certified armorer on AR-15/M-16. I have a bit of knowlege on how the weapon system works.

Once again, to each his own. To disagree is normal. To argue over an otherwise civil forum is not in anyone's best interest (IMHO).

Old 08-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #28

I don't think he is crazy either...

The first time I read his post it really seemed like something outside the forum set him off. And, this is the easiest way to let out his frustion.

He did mention people laughing at him during the Prairie Dog Hunt; maybe thats it? Doubt it though. It's most likely more recent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
Yes, I'm a little cranky.
And you don't really want to know the reason why, you just don't want to have anyone make you think about your actions...
[/B]
AR Hammer, I would like to know the reason why? It seems you want to tell us. So please do so.

Mossberd 500...

Beretta 96...

Smith & Wesson M&P15T...

Old 08-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post

As for the 'Match Triggers' everyone keeps pushing...

Here is a 50¢ alternative that works great.
I've used this since the mid 70's, and I'm surprised that some of the AR 'Experts' don't know about it or haven't told about it...
IMO, The reason that nobody ever says anything about that type of trigger modification is because it only reduces the distance the trigger has to travel, not the pull weight. Most ARs from most manufacturers have a pretty clean trigger, maybe a little bit of travel before you trip the hammer- but not much. The problem that most of us have with our triggers is that an 8lb trigger pull is just too heavy. The reason that people advocate match triggers is because they are reliable units with a light (4.5lb ish) trigger.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
-Ronald Reagan

Last edited by THE_REPUBLICAN; 08-20-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_REPUBLICAN View Post
IMO, The reason that nobody ever says anything about that type of trigger modification is because it only reduces the distance the trigger has to travel, not the pull weight. Most ARs from most manufacturers have a pretty clean trigger, maybe a little bit of travel before you trip the hammer- but not much. The problem that most of us have with our triggers is that an 8lb trigger pull is just too heavy. The reason that people advocate match triggers is because they are reliable units with a light (4.5lb ish) trigger.
....And this website would prefer not to openly advocate something like trigger jobs - I asked permission before I gave out similar information to about a dozen folks, but only by PM. Now that he has linked it, it's between him and the website should something happen.

I think that was just an easy point to focus on. You don't need a match grade trigger to shoot better. It's true. But not everyone is comfortable with do it yourself projects and would prefer to buy a tuned one. You can't fault a man for knowing his own comfortable limits. Do you need one on an entry gun? Probably not. Can you do it yourself? Sure. If you want to buy a tuned trigger for any application should one person be able to say you shouldn't? Absolutely not in this country!

JD

Closed Thread