the best ar? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

the best ar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

As mentioned it depends on your use. I have used several expensive Colts and LMTs. And recently spent an afternoon with the HK416. These were all $2k++ rifles, which worked flawlessly. But in the short run, I could not tell much difference. The furniture and optics varied. There is a lot of support on the forum for BCM. I have used some of their accessories and BCG, and they make high quality stuff. I have not shot a complete BCM rifle. All of this said, my personal AR is a Delton with a few upgrades. With and without the upgrades it has shot thousands of rounds flawlessly. With upgrades and EOtech I am still under $1500. Depending on your preferences, barrel length may make the biggest difference. There are a lot of good choices in the $1000 range. Read the sticky posts and other posts as there are some brands that you may not want at any price.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1197 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock219 View Post
Who makes the best ar?
I do.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
drvsafe Likes This 
Old 07-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #13

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The best AR is made by yourself to the desired specs you want. I just finished building my first and a test fire. I have to say it is AWESOME. I have to wait to put more rounds in it due to just having surgery on my left arm this morning.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #14

Liked 767 Times on 409 Posts

Build your own and you can have pride in your weapon and not just a name brand with sub-par components. I looked at my buddies RRA and Stag, and was disappointed in some of the components. Unless your dropping $2500 and up, there will always be some components in the gun that could be improved. My build will end up around $2300, but I know if will be one bad mofo. Im down to the barrel and rail now, then its done. Building your own let's you learn about the weapon an understanding for each variable that comes into play. All to often people buy low end AR'S and slap on a sight an thing they have a good , accurate, and reliable weapon. What I mean by building is from scratch and not buying a complete lower and upper and slapping them together.
drvsafe Likes This 
Old 07-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 215 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
Build your own and you can have pride in your weapon and not just a name brand with sub-par components. I looked at my buddies RRA and Stag, and was disappointed in some of the components. Unless your dropping $2500 and up, there will always be some components in the gun that could be improved. My build will end up around $2300, but I know if will be one bad mofo. Im down to the barrel and rail now, then its done. Building your own let's you learn about the weapon an understanding for each variable that comes into play. All to often people buy low end AR'S and slap on a sight an thing they have a good , accurate, and reliable weapon. What I mean by building is from scratch and not buying a complete lower and upper and slapping them together.

This is expressly why I went with my PWS. Mainly I liked their long stroke piston over any other piston system under $2k, but it was also the 3rd party parts used. I felt if I customized any other piston AR this way, I was looking at close to $1800-$2000. Again, it is a piston system...but...
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The best AR is one you never need to kill anything larger than a squirrel with.

They are available in deer-legal calibers too.

Newest Threads