Best AR 15 factory $1000 and under - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Best AR 15 factory $1000 and under

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2403 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez
This is a super forum deserving of loyalty. If someone doenst like it it makes me regret a little all my efforts to answer with detailed posts.

that takes a lot of time you know...?
LoL I never said I didn't like it. I love it. I said you have to weed out the good and ignore the trolls. If you don't think this forum has trolls then I don't know what to tell you.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 09-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #102

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

My post wasnt so much aimed at you but the OP for whom I probably spent over on hour of my time typing up several replies mostly about rifles i have actually owned w/o a single reply..

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Last edited by bluez; 09-07-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 258 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Quentin, the OP (me) is trying to avoid buyers' remorse. I'm getting a lot to think about to weigh against what I believe I want.
My point (me...I suppose being Mr. RUDE)...is that while you imply nobody is offering you specific direction ("Ferris, anyone?"), it has in fact been offered time and again in the form of PSA. I'm just honestly not sure if that's what you want to hear.

PSA is not the absolute best of the best. I'm not saying that. There are folks out there with $5K+ ARs (not me, surely). My dream rifle is not a PSA. I do own PSAs that I like and consider well beyond acceptable. I also own more expensive rifles. But in the $1000 price range, they're nearly impossible to beat. You could arguably do as well at the occasional out-of-the-way place with the right sale. But mainstream?...good luck.

It's not that an $800 DPMS, Bushmaster, etc will be a terrible rifle. It'll probably be pretty good. But once you're better versed in the critical parts in play, you'll quickly realize that an $800 PSA (especially with the right sale, which seems to occur twice a week of late) will generally net you $200-500 worth of upgraded parts above what similarly priced big-box store rifles offer. This is a fact. If you desire the specifics, I'm happy to offer them.

And as already mentioned, PSA's rifles are available in a variety of build schemes (some may require you waiting a few days or weeks...if that's worth a few hundred$ of free upgrades to you). And they're also available in both build kits and complete rifle formats. Again, you can get a complete rifle there. DPMS, S&W, DelTon, Windham, Bushmaster, and even Stag are unable to compete with that quality for the price. Even Colt isn't IMO. Folks on this board don't simply endorse PSA because it's cool to do so. They do so because they own them, and the quality:cost ratio can be insanely good.

If you're determined to prove me wrong, have at it my friend.

EDIT/P.S.- Worrying over warranties and such, won't generally help or hurt you terribly. Reputable companies (which includes PSA, as well as many others) will stand behind their products whether the rifle is factory or a build. And minor parts and pieces are easily replaced/upgraded...that's a critical attribute to the AR's charm.

Last edited by sweeper22; 09-07-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
May I recommend Argyle Armoring/SWAT Firearms rifles? I offer a billet (not forged) AR-15 with many different options right around the requested price range.
You have a billet receiver, complete AR for under $1000

Old 09-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #105

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez
My post wasnt so much aimed at you but the OP for whom I probably spent over on hour of my time typing up several replies mostly about rifles i have actually owned w/o a single reply..
Sorry for not responding to your particular posts. They as we'll as the others were good info'

Old 09-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22

My point (me...I suppose being Mr. RUDE)...is that while you imply nobody is offering you specific direction ("Ferris, anyone?"), it has in fact been offered time and again in the form of PSA. I'm just honestly not sure if that's what you want to hear.

PSA is not the absolute best of the best. I'm not saying that. There are folks out there with $5K+ ARs (not me, surely). My dream rifle is not a PSA. I do own PSAs that I like and consider well beyond acceptable. I also own more expensive rifles. But in the $1000 price range, they're nearly impossible to beat. You could arguably do as well at the occasional out-of-the-way place with the right sale. But mainstream?...good luck.

It's not that an $800 DPMS, Bushmaster, etc will be a terrible rifle. It'll probably be pretty good. But once you're better versed in the critical parts in play, you'll quickly realize that an $800 PSA (especially with the right sale, which seems to occur twice a week of late) will generally net you $200-500 worth of upgraded parts above what similarly priced big-box store rifles offer. This is a fact. If you desire the specifics, I'm happy to offer them.

And as already mentioned, PSA's rifles are available in a variety of build schemes (some may require you waiting a few days or weeks...if that's worth a few hundred$ of free upgrades to you). And they're also available in both build kits and complete rifle formats. Again, you can get a complete rifle there. DPMS, S&W, DelTon, Windham, Bushmaster, and even Stag are unable to compete with that quality for the price. Even Colt isn't IMO. Folks on this board don't simply endorse PSA because it's cool to do so. They do so because they own them, and the quality:cost ratio can be insanely good.

If you're determined to prove me wrong, have at it my friend.

EDIT/P.S.- Worrying over warranties and such, won't generally help or hurt you terribly. Reputable companies (which includes PSA, as well as many others) will stand behind their products whether the rifle is factory or a build. And minor parts and pieces are easily replaced/upgraded...that's a critical attribute to the AR's charm.
sweep I liked your info I thought the 'if you are listening' and 'you do plan to clean your rifle don't you?' was kind of insulting. I appreciate the feedback, seriously do. From reading your other stuff I know you know a lot about ARs.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 258 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
sweep I liked your info I thought the 'if you are listening' and 'you do plan to clean your rifle don't you?' was kind of insulting. I appreciate the feedback, seriously do. From reading your other stuff I know you know a lot about ARs.
The 'clean your rifle' statement was intended as a blunt truth example, not a jab. If you have any intention of keeping a clean rifle, you will mate a barreled upper, with a BCG, a CH, and complete lower from day one. And you'll do it every time you clean your rifle. And it'll all be about as complex as playing Legos. (So you may as well get the specs you want, right?)

At under $1K, PSA is always tough to beat. Almost impossible. A bit more, and I start to like BCM and Daniel Defense. I also like Noveske, but can't always afford them. Whether complete factory rifles or parts for a build, I'm confident each of these companies will stand behind their products.

'Factory complete' rifles are perfectly fine. I've owned a few and currently own one (DD)...although I've made numerous alterations to it. But don't doubt your ability to snap a couple parts together and don't fret too much about warranties.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #108

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 14

My choice would be the RRA Delta CAR. It lists $1065 but RRA rilles can be had for 10-15% under list usually. I own 2 Colt M4's, LMT CQB, POF 415, S&W 15T, SCAR 16s, Sig 516 2 Noveske's Afghans and 2 Rock Rivers. Other than the 2 Noveske's they are by far my most accurate AR's and very close to the Noveske's in group size. The DPMS while accurate have horrible triggers and buy the time you replace the trigger pack you are in the RRA price range.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
The 'clean your rifle' statement was intended as a blunt truth example, not a jab. If you have any intention of keeping a clean rifle, you will mate a barreled upper, with a BCG, a CH, and complete lower from day one. And you'll do it every time you clean your rifle. And it'll all be about as complex as playing Legos. (So you may as well get the specs you want, right?)

At under $1K, PSA is always tough to beat. Almost impossible. A bit more, and I start to like BCM and Daniel Defense. I also like Noveske, but can't always afford them. Whether complete factory rifles or parts for a build, I'm confident each of these companies will stand behind their products.

'Factory complete' rifles are perfectly fine. I've owned a few and currently own one (DD)...although I've made numerous alterations to it. But don't doubt your ability to snap a couple parts together and don't fret too much about warranties.
you know anything about these? Just saw a new one for $980
Bushmaster M4A3 Patrolman's Carbine Centerfire Rifle

Old 09-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #110
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 361 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
You have a billet receiver, complete AR for under $1000
$1,089. So pretty darn close. Complete with carrying case, 30 round mag, and manual.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Anna_Purna Likes This 
Closed Thread