Before and after
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Before and after

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Before and after

Before and after shots of the AR with new grip, charging handle, scope and compensator.

image-1456083372.jpg

image-1099581990.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2012, 03:36 AM   #2

Looking good. But I've a quick question...is your upper a monolithic upper? I ask because of the way you have your scope mounted. It looks like it's mounted half on the upper receiver and half on the top rail of your handguard. If it's a monolithic upper you shouldn't have any problems. If it's a railed free floating handguard, you'll want to move your scope mount back fully onto the upper receiver. If you don't you could have sighting issues because of the flex or movement you'll get out of the handguard when shooting.

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Old 02-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmkeith View Post
Looking good. But I've a quick question...is your upper a monolithic upper? I ask because of the way you have your scope mounted. It looks like it's mounted half on the upper receiver and half on the top rail of your handguard. If it's a monolithic upper you shouldn't have any problems. If it's a railed free floating handguard, you'll want to move your scope mount back fully onto the upper receiver. If you don't you could have sighting issues because of the flex or movement you'll get out of the handguard when shooting.
It's a mono but even if it was a free float he wouldn't have a problem. If it was a non free floated then it would cause problems. The reason being on a non free floated HG it would interfer w/ barrel movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #4

Liked 340 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Its does however seem to be mounted a bit to far foward.........

Do you get enough eye relief to get a good sight picture with the scopes current location?

Old 02-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #5

Hello all,
Mj, you are correct it is a monolithic.
The relief thru the scope is perfect for me, plus i have been using a brass catcher that works great with this set up. The only thing I may change is the top mounted fast fire II to a 45 offset to bring it closer to the barrel.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #6

Is the mount a little too far up?

Old 02-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #7

Okay all you. You have me second guessing myself. Although I don't have problem with the mounting I will However move it back a bit and give It a second try. Hopefully I still like the results.
Thanks for all the input and observations gentlemen.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellek2020 View Post
Okay all you. You have me second guessing myself. Although I don't have problem with the mounting I will However move it back a bit and give It a second try. Hopefully I still like the results.
Thanks for all the input and observations gentlemen.
You're just confused and thought it was an M14 scout mount .

Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Keat,
No, I have not done the remount yet. Just returned from Iraq yesterday and having a little decompress time. Will do the swap this weekend and give her a go.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Keat, not yet... Just got back for Iraq yesterday. Will this weekend.

Newest Threads