been wanting to build a Ar for the longest - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > been wanting to build a Ar for the longest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 02:32 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

That is the exact one I was ordering from cheaper than dirt I have ordered hundreds of items from them

Old 12-27-2011, 02:33 AM   #12

I have quite a few friends with ARs, and two friends that have Bushmasters. Of all the ARs I have shot, only two of them have had a malfunction of any kind, and guess what, both of them were the two Bushmasters owned by my friends. These two rifles get both FTFs and FTEs quite often.

The finish on both of the rifle's barrels and FSPs are very rough and cheap looking. Both rifles have rust on the barrels and FSP, and are kept inside and maintained decently.

Neither of these rifles have the castle nut staked.

I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure the carrier key isn't staked either.

As a whole, Bushmaster put's out a sub par product, at a price point that is way too high for the rifle you receive. Now if they were charging $500 for their rifles that would be one thing, but at $800-$900, they are way too high for the quality you receive.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 12-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #13

You right about it I haven't heard anything bad about them but if you shot one and feel that way if anybody else has heard or had problems let me know before I spend my money lol if any one relates to that

Old 12-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #14

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
I have quite a few friends with ARs, and two friends that have Bushmasters. Of all the ARs I have shot, only two of them have had a malfunction of any kind, and guess what, both of them were the two Bushmasters owned by my friends. These two rifles get both FTFs and FTEs quite often.

The finish on both of the rifle's barrels and FSPs are very rough and cheap looking. Both rifles have rust on the barrels and FSP, and are kept inside and maintained decently.

Neither of these rifles have the castle nut staked.

I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure the carrier key isn't staked either.

As a whole, Bushmaster put's out a sub par product, at a price point that is way too high for the rifle you receive. Now if they were charging $500 for their rifles that would be one thing, but at $800-$900, they are way too high for the quality you receive.

-Fred
I agree with what Fred said above. The main problem is you're getting an AR where corners are cut yet they sell it in the price range of much better rifles. My buddy has a Bushmaster he bought in 2008 that has the same issues that Fred described. It doesn't compare well at all to my two builds that each ended up costing around the same. If you want a cheap rifle, at least pay for a cheap rifle.

And today's BMs made in Ilion, NY seem to be worse than what used to come out of the factory in Windham, Maine. Do a little googling before buying a BM.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.