The beast is ALIVE !!!!!!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > The beast is ALIVE !!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Pure- first, that muzzle break looks badass!!! That must be loud as F*ck for anyone next to you

Sounds like some good work in the chamber. Do you have any before and after pics? I'd love to see what you did.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #12

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEcho View Post
Pure- first, that muzzle break looks badass!!! That must be loud as F*ck for anyone next to you

Sounds like some good work in the chamber. Do you have any before and after pics? I'd love to see what you did.
Thanks !!! Yes its very loud even for the shooter
I didnt take any before and afters as it was hard enough to see down in the chamber all I had was the scared casing which I pitched this morning and it made a huge difference . What I did was took a sharpie and colored the case all black and put a index mark on the back of the rim and indexed it with the right side feed ramp so I knew where it was indexed at that way I could see any scratches on the casing after it ejected and knew about where they cam from in the chamber . After I worked over the chamber , it would remove most all of the sharpie after the case had expanded and ejected without any scratches in the actual steel casing . This told me the chamber was still tight because it removed most all of the sharpie evenly along the whole case but more than good enough to extract the shell without any failures . Looking to get it out friday afternoon and do some bench shooting and see just exactly how accurate she is, I dont expect it to be great because I plan on using moslty mil surplus steel cased ammo but I may go pick up a couple more boxs of decent brass to check accuracy .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 06-04-2013 at 09:39 PM.
ZeusEcho Likes This 
Old 06-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

That's a really cool technique to diagnose the issue! I'll have to remember that if I have any issues like that. Thanks!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 06-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Very Nice Havoc.....Very Nice.
So, if you don't mind me asking , What led you to your choice of parts for your build? I ask because I am in the beginning stages of a 7.62 build OR buy a whole weapon. Was it price, quality, etc.,etc. just curios as to what helped you make the decision.
Again, a very nice piece. That muzzle brake is BAD A$$..

BT

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #15

I have wanted a AK because of the .30 cal bullet , this makes a great hog rifle and play because AK ammo is pretty cheap. This barrel, gas block , gas tube,bolt , firing pin, barrel nut assembly and hand guard fell into my lap for $250 . I had a spare stripped upper laying around here that needed used was really just a cheap build for me that came at the right time . I picked up that brake for $36 so yeah my upper build was fairly cheap and everything but the hand guard was 100% new

Old 06-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #16

Added a bit of stippling to her . Always hate how slick magpul hand guards are

Bikertrash58 Likes This 
Old 06-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #17

Liked 2452 Times on 1397 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

This is great you got her up and running.

Now for your opinion as to the overall accuracy

VS a standard AK.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
This is great you got her up and running.

Now for your opinion as to the overall accuracy

VS a standard AK.
Tomorrow my friend the results will be in

Old 06-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #19

Liked 574 Times on 306 Posts

Pure,

I just ordered a Sota 7.62x39 barrel. When did you order ,and what was the lag time. I couldn't find anywhere where it said it was in or out of stock. I think I'll take your route and do a quick port and polish on the barrel extension and chamber. Thanks for the idea. Did you dremel down the feed ramps on the barrel and upper at all?

Last edited by Sgt_Skrb_25; 06-06-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:41 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Added a bit of stippling to her . Always hate how slick magpul hand guards are
Holy Crap Ok, Now you've went and done it....How in the hell do you do that ???? That is one of my biggest gripes about Magpul stuff, is some of there stuff is so.......white bread I don't know if that makes sense, but that stippling is just the ticket.....

Oh sh#t, I just realized something, first I steal your signature ( I did get your permission first, in case somebody want's to flame my a$$ for that ), now I want to steal your stippling idea.....AND you have the hottest most dazzling avatar on the whole damn site....I need one of those bow down smilies here, cuz you are the MAN....LOLOL

Anyway if you would or could share that with the rest of us shlep-rocks, I,...uum, We, would greatly appreciate it. I have a FDE hand guard that is in dire need of that treatment.

Again, very cool rig brother.....Very Cool, BT
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.