bcm vs rra - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

bcm vs rra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1238 Times on 860 Posts
Likes Given: 1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
messing around with the 60 round surefire mag tonite unloading and loading it. had it lock up on me around 20 rounds into loading where i couldnt put in more bullets. i was able to unload two the follower pushed the rest up normally then was able to load the rest to full.

havent shot any through it yet. hopefully this weekend
Pat Rogers said in the video his Surefire works, hopefully yours does too.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #92
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

got home from work did my longbow practice for about an hour sat down under a shade tree with the cat to rest and the phone rings and its my local gun guy saying my acog showed up!! well i speed raced to the store to get it and initial impressions its everything i hoped it was. i bought it from him since it was the same price i could get online minus the shipping fee and i get true value bonus points which will prolly be between 50-65$ in store credit coupons i can use on anything in the shop. so i tend to buy a lot of my gun stuff through them when they match or beat online prices or come with a reasonable ammount...anyway

i ended up getting a TA31F-G with chevron its the green one.

let me tell you that green really shows up good!! eased it in and out of the dark, reticle adjusted to the conditions like its supposed to. i think i finally got an optic i can love.

i do have a larue qd mount on order. going to take it out this weekend.

comes with a nice case, lens pen, scopecoat, sticker, manual.

bcm vs rra - AR-15 Discussion

the rifle so far:

my camera really sucks for taking pictures of the reticle. its a lot brighter and clearer without the fsb in such focus

when your looking through it its a lot brighter and the reticle is larger. i dont know why the camera cant take a picture of it very well.

since ive been using scopes with both eyes open before trijicon existed and doing their "BAC" system with regular scopes for decades i find using the acog natural to me pointing at thigs quickly up close.

i really like the green chevron and im glad i went that way
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 05-16-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #93

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

It's the day of the Trijicon. My wife got an anniversary band, I got a Trijicon RMR for my M&P9.

That's one good looking optic JonM. Lucky man.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #94
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
It's the day of the Trijicon. My wife got an anniversary band, I got a Trijicon RMR for my M&P9.

That's one good looking optic JonM. Lucky man.
congrats on your rmr. the acog is something i shoulda done a lot of bad scope choices ago *sigh*
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #95
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1238 Times on 860 Posts
Likes Given: 1282

Great optic, Jon! Your rifle's really coming along... thanks for the new pics!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 05-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #96

Quote:
congrats on your rmr. the acog is something i shoulda done a lot of bad scope choices ago *sigh*
I sometimes regret not getting an ACOG instead of another AR. I have only used one a couple times. Team leaders received them in country.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #97
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Great optic, Jon! Your rifle's really coming along... thanks for the new pics!
Thanks. Prolly more tomorrow when the muzzle brake shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
I sometimes regret not getting an ACOG instead of another AR. I have only used one a couple times. Team leaders received them in country.
It really fits how i use a scope. I was going through the house tonite with all the lights off and that green tritium chevron in the dark acts just like a reddot aimpoint type. Exactly the right amount of glow. Not to bright to blind but enough to point with in the dark. Brighter than handgun tritium sights easier to pick up.

I may get an rmr with the tritium and fiber optic for my fullsize xdm for home defense.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #98

Sounds good Jon. You really have a nice rifle there.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #99
FTF_MODERATOR.png

just got an email from bcm telling me my lower has shipped!! im really surprised it was that fast. i fully expected a few more weeks. i mailed the order off last week. since bcm is in hartland wi and the dealer im using for the xfer is in hartland wi i should have it for saturday!!

stuck the surefire mb556k muzzle brake on the end as the latest part that showed up.

cant wait to get the upper off the dpms lower and on its permanent home.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #100

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
just got an email from bcm telling me my lower has shipped!! im really surprised it was that fast. i fully expected a few more weeks. i mailed the order off last week. since bcm is in hartland wi and the dealer im using for the xfer is in hartland wi i should have it for saturday!!
I don't think this big backlog on black rifles exists. Certainly not the way it's hyped up to be. All of the shops here in Phoenix have plenty of black rifles for sale, and at good prices. All makes and models. Everything from $2,500.00 POF's to $680.00 S&W's. And pretty much everything in between. Ammo seems plentiful as well. I just got the new monthly catalog from Natchez. They have all the ammo you could possibly want, also at good prices. 9 MM for as little as $9.49 a box.

Newest Threads