BCM fanboys and AR nerds....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > BCM fanboys and AR nerds....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default BCM fanboys and AR nerds....

(I'm becoming an AR nerd too)

I'm getting ready to order for what seems destined to become a BCM/MOE build. Lightweight 16" middy on a Noveske chainsaw lower. Fixed front sight, and either a vanilla rear w/o optics or a flip rear with red dot.

Two questions:

1) I'm probably gonna add a little color to this gun. How well does the FDE BCM Gunfighter grip match up with similar MOE furniture? And what are the preferences for the BCM Mod 0 grip vs Mod 1?

2) The Red-Dot. I'll be ordering a red dot either for this gun or another. Really trying to sort out Eotech vs Aimpoint vs Vortex options. The Vortex Strikefire seems to be a pretty solid option for about 30-40% the price of the other two. The only red dot I own is a basic $80 Millet on a cheaper AR...no complaints about it, just looking to upgrade on my next gun without feeling like I'm overspending just to land the trendiest "name".

Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 AM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

BCM's FDE is slightly lighter than Magpul's...very slightly. which MOD to choose is a personal preference thing. Do you want the rear curve for the web of your hand (MOD 1) or without it (MOD 0)? As far as the optics go, if you are just going to take it to the range, then the Vortex will be just fine. If you plan on using the carbine hard and expect it to get a lot of abuse, I say go with Aimpoint or Eotech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post

I'm getting ready to order for what seems destined to become a BCM/MOE build. Lightweight 16" middy on a Noveske chainsaw lower. Fixed front sight, and either a vanilla rear w/o optics or a flip rear with red dot.

Two questions:

1) I'm probably gonna add a little color to this gun. How well does the FDE BCM Gunfighter grip match up with similar MOE furniture? And what are the preferences for the BCM Mod 0 grip vs Mod 1?

2) The Red-Dot. I'll be ordering a red dot either for this gun or another. Really trying to sort out Eotech vs Aimpoint vs Vortex options. The Vortex Strikefire seems to be a pretty solid option for about 30-40% the price of the other two. The only red dot I own is a basic $80 Millet on a cheaper AR...no complaints about it, just looking to upgrade on my next gun without feeling like I'm overspending just to land the trendiest "name".

Thoughts?

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

Last edited by X-mark; 07-31-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:30 AM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22

Two questions:

Thoughts?
I have the magpul afg, pmags, and a CRT stock body on my BCM with the gunfighter grip all in FDE. I can't really tell a difference in color. As far as optics go, I have an eotech 512 and an Aimpoint T1 (T1 on my BCM.) I love the Aimpoint. I give my rifles hell and that's why I spend that kind of money on optics. They are that expensive and keep selling for a reason.

image-2786955101.jpg

image-516078893.jpg