Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bcm???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #61
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5468 Times on 2855 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
I can find cheaper as well. All I have to do is go over to Botach Tactical. The problem w/ that is I don't know if Im going to actually get what I ordered.

I think PSA is doing good things. They are always in the running when deciding on a new upper and are the place I go to for most other parts.

I still wonder why other assemblers/manufacturers dont follow BCMs lead and hand out their ARs to people as class loaners. Kinda like DPMS refusing to be part of the Chart. It makes me wonder why considering the return thats possible from a good outing.

I'll be blunt, people are lazy and cheap. The majority of people will not take the time or spend the extra money to purchase the tools needed to torque and stake the castle nut nor will they purchase the proper punches or mallet. They will hold the pins w/ needle nose pliers and whack away w/ a metal hammer. They will hand tighten the castle nut and call it a day until their castle nut starts backing of at a class . Hell look at the posts here. People wont even take the time to spell check let alone reread their posts to make sure they dont sound retarded.

PSA does sell complete lowers last time I checked. These lowers seem to be GTG on paper. They say they are properly torqued and staked.

I think you're combining two totally different conversations. There's one going on about PSA being a better choice than BCM and the one we are dealing w/, assembling your own lower.

Ill second the psa not being junk. They used to be a little iffy in the beginning but quickly fixed that and have been improving greatly every year. Lots of good ar stuff out there. It makes trying to figure all the ins and outs harder which is why this subforum gets a lot of traffic. More so than any other subforum of late.

Just because someone say brand x is the bee's knee's does NOT mean brand y is total crap.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #62

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
I can find cheaper as well. All I have to do is go over to Botach Tactical. The problem w/ that is I don't know if Im going to actually get what I ordered.

I think PSA is doing good things. They are always in the running when deciding on a new upper and are the place I go to for most other parts.

I still wonder why other assemblers/manufacturers dont follow BCMs lead and hand out their ARs to people as class loaners. Kinda like DPMS refusing to be part of the Chart. It makes me wonder why considering the return thats possible from a good outing.

I'll be blunt, people are lazy and cheap. The majority of people will not take the time or spend the extra money to purchase the tools needed to torque and stake the castle nut nor will they purchase the proper punches or mallet. They will hold the pins w/ needle nose pliers and whack away w/ a metal hammer. They will hand tighten the castle nut and call it a day until their castle nut starts backing of at a class . Hell look at the posts here. People wont even take the time to spell check let alone reread their posts to make sure they dont sound retarded.

PSA does sell complete lowers last time I checked. These lowers seem to be GTG on paper. They say they are properly torqued and staked.

I think you're combining two totally different conversations. There's one going on about PSA being a better choice than BCM and the one we are dealing w/, assembling your own lower.
no where in these 7 pages has anyone stated that PSA is a better choice than BCM . Better bargain , yes !!!! Nothing wrong with either company and I wouldn't say one was any better than the other as far as quality . They both make great rifles and parts .

Old 06-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #63

Liked 972 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
no where in these 7 pages has anyone stated that PSA is a better choice than BCM . Better bargain , yes !!!! Nothing wrong with either company and I wouldn't say one was any better than the other as far as quality . They both make great rifles and parts .
Well I would say BCM is better quality than PSA. Just comparing receiver extension kits makes it obvious to me. Nothing wrong with the PSA kit but it does fall short, as you'd expect for $25 or so less. I would like to compare BCGs, barrels, etc. and will when my SIL buys their upper. PSA is very good but there is a difference.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #64

Liked 136 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murfdog View Post
I was just at BCM web site and most how I was thinking about was out of stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I think bcm is out of stock just because of demand.
Absolutely. And there is a demand for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
They dont take back orders either from what i understand.
They were showing "out of stock" on a rifle I wanted. So I sent them an e-mail on a Sunday afternoon inquiring about a time frame for "back in stock." Less then an hour later I had a reply. Seven business days later the rifle was at my FFL.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #65

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I never said there was anything wrong w/ either company. This is turning into a billt experience. Off topic and putting words into my mouth.

The topic was that the majority of people will not ASSEMBLE a lower receiver correctly. Look at all the "help me build" threads.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #66
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5468 Times on 2855 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Absolutely. And there is a demand for a reason.

They were showing "out of stock" on a rifle I wanted. So I sent them an e-mail on a Sunday afternoon inquiring about a time frame for "back in stock." Less then an hour later I had a reply. Seven business days later the rifle was at my FFL.
now THATS customer service!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...