Bcm??? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bcm???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 04:51 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
Giving you a whole new gun was not good customer service when the broken gun had been out of production for decades. RIiiiiigggghhhhttt.
We all know you own a Ruger and a SR556 at that. We all realize you are overly defensive of said rifle.

Good CS is good CS. There really aren't any gray areas.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #22

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 983

Anyway, back to BCM, top notch AR, top notch customer service!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5508 Times on 2875 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Anyway, back to BCM, top notch AR, top notch customer service!
Agreed!! Im still amazed they footed the whole cost of shipping. Its not cheap to mail a firearm legally. Ive had to send others back and forth some companies i was responsible for costs most others it was split 50-50.

I would have been ok with covering the costs but bravo covered the shipping to and from. Top it off with sameday techs looking at it for diagnoses... above and beyound.

I havent yet sent my leupold vx7 scope in for service even though i have their premier service since i need to pay shipping costs. Its got a bit of debrise inside the objective that my 458winmag knocked loose. Its not a huge costs but i dont shoot with that scope a lot so i been putting it off.

Customer service levels are a big deal to me since i tend to have problems with products. Dont even get me started on ati CS...

When i pick up the bcm and then my wife's dpms the difference in material quality is glaringly obvious just at feel and look. Its like two entirely different types of rifles rather than both being ar15

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I bet it was easy for BCM to look at it the same day. I doubt they get many back on their bench for repairs.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Nope. Not when the new gun sells for substantially less than the old gun and the new is of inferior quality and workmanship. Ruger of 1976 is waaaaaay higher quality than ruger of 2010. Plus the new gun was going to be a bolt action stainless 44. My carbine has no mim parts and all parts are machined steel and hand fitted.

Well, I have numerous Rugers circa 1980 and many circa 2011-12 and I disagree with you.

As Pogo said: "Things 'ain't the way they used to be. And they never wuz...."

I rest my case.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #26

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

redleg, I happen to be in quite a comfortable place in life. I am fortunate enough to only have to put in about 10-15 actual hours a week in the office while finishing up a degree in criminal justice. I'm also fortunate enough to come from a long line of intelligent people ( dr, nurses, chemical engineer, radiologist, future attorney, business owners, and military). I rarely if ever crack a book yet carry a 3.75. I also don't sleep but a couple hours a night. I have a lot of free time. Not only that but I always have my RAZR on me. Tech is awesome .

If I have relayed bad information in past posts please bring it to my attention. Thank you.

Edit: It's not just the amount of rounds down range. The manner in which you send those rounds down range is important if not more important.

Last edited by MikeJK; 06-11-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Can't wait to get my hands on a BCM middy!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So I have been browsing and have found another question regarding BCM. They are selling blemed complete lowers with no stock for $280, I realize now after looking I can buy a DSA stripped lower for $70 and build one much cheaper...is it worth the extra cash to go with a BCM lower? I am not going competition, will be using as fun target shooting and SHTF/home defense.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #29

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 983

The BCM blem lower is a bargain. The receiver, receiver extension and LPK are top notch yet it costs about the same as as a low end build. All reports I've seen, the scratch is minor.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5508 Times on 2875 Posts
Likes Given: 357

The upper is the most important half. The lower is mainly who's markings you want on the side. With the exception of polymer type lowers.

The reason i bought a bcm lower is they were readily available with milspec parts.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Newest Threads