Bcm??? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bcm???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2039

If you dont mind waiting weeks on end to get your stuff back then I consider it great service , I own a Ruger I had some issues , They fixed it no charge but it was roughly 6 weeks to get it back on a very simple extractor issue that was a 5-10 minute fix . Other than the wait they have great customer service , no questions asked just fixed and works properly and has for a long time

Old 06-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6673 Times on 3552 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
Ruger does, actually.
Quote:
1. Oh, the guy who found a Single Six revolver that had been lost in the woods for several decades. Sent it into Ruger and they cleaned up the revolver and replaced numerous parts. Returned the gun pristine. No invoice. This was in American Rifleman a few issues back.

2. http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=150385

3. Ruger has no warranty. They do not care who bought the gun, only who owns it now. They will fix anything that involves a failure of the gun almost always at no charge. Even in many cases of user abuse they will fix the firearm at no charge.

Hope this helped.
ive heard that same story and it makes for a good read but its pretty much BS when actually dealing with ruger

here is my actual story with a ruger decades old 1976 production 44 carbine. obvious manufacture defect in that the front barrel band comes off under recoil. called ruger. their support person said it was too old to fix. they would replace the gun with a different one (nonsemi-auto bolt gun)... thats not service in my book. i had no desire for a different gun as the 44 carbine is a fun semi auto, when its barrel band isnt rattling around.

another issue i have with ruger service is i cant get some internal parts to fix my own guns from ruger. they sell certain things to ffl only that are not registered recievers as in ffl items. things like sears hammers bolts which are just small parts. big reason ruger doesnt take a lot of space in my gun safe. i do like my 10/22's and 22/45 but i dont need ruger as third party parts are widely available.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 06-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sounds great guys I appreciate all the answers and the filthy 14 was pretty impressive I was hoping to find another crazy torture test like DD did, I have no doubt the BCM couldnt stick with it but who doesnt like seeing a gun they own be able to survive something like that. I had orginally considered RRA but it seems like they just take forever to get ahold of one of those rifles, where as BCM has plenty of items in stock.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell0892 View Post
Sounds great guys I appreciate all the answers and the filthy 14 was pretty impressive I was hoping to find another crazy torture test like DD did, I have no doubt the BCM couldnt stick with it but who doesnt like seeing a gun they own be able to survive something like that. I had orginally considered RRA but it seems like they just take forever to get ahold of one of those rifles, where as BCM has plenty of items in stock.
if i want to drive tacks ill take my rra match rifle any day. buttttt my bcm is my serious goto rifle
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #15

Just to add to some people talking about the BCM parts. BCM bolts and barrels are individually proof tested (this is done with a single high pressure round and is called HP testing) before being magnafluxed (also known as MP testing) for surface irregularities. You have to be careful when you purchase from some companies who do not do testing on their products.

For example some of these test make sure they don't send their barrels etc out with cracks in them that are hard to see with the naked eye or that are visible. Some companies just make a product and send them right out with no testing so before you even shot your gun it could be in accurate . Buy quality Buy BCM (or other companies that do testing on their products before they sell them to you)

Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #16

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

DDs torture test is impressive but multiple rifles w/ 20k and up to 50k rounds w/ little to no TLC is where it's at.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:10 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
DDs torture test is impressive but multiple rifles w/ 20k and up to 50k rounds w/ little to no TLC is where it's at.
That is very true I would be happy with either...off on a side note if I get a complete lower (probably blem) and a upper is there anything else I need to complete the rifle besides a bolt carrier and charging handle, not including furniture such has stocks and rails.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:16 AM   #18

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

If you're getting a bolt carrier don't forget the bolt. I'd go w/ a complet BCG. Other than that magazines and a case of ammunition to get you through a couple range sessions.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ive heard that same story and it makes for a good read but its pretty much BS when actually dealing with ruger

here is my actual story with a ruger decades old 1976 production 44 carbine. obvious manufacture defect in that the front barrel band comes off under recoil. called ruger. their support person said it was too old to fix. they would replace the gun with a different one (nonsemi-auto bolt gun)... thats not service in my book. i had no desire for a different gun as the 44 carbine is a fun semi auto, when its barrel band isnt rattling around.
Giving you a whole new gun was not good customer service when the broken gun had been out of production for decades. RIiiiiigggghhhhttt.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Giving you a whole new gun was not good customer service when the broken gun had been out of production for decades. RIiiiiigggghhhhttt.
Nope. Not when the new gun sells for substantially less than the old gun and the new is of inferior quality and workmanship. Ruger of 1976 is waaaaaay higher quality than ruger of 2010. Plus the new gun was going to be a bolt action stainless 44. My carbine has no mim parts and all parts are machined steel and hand fitted.

If i wanted a bolt gun i would have bought one in the first place.

All it needed was some attention to the barrel band. Still does. They wouldnt even entertain the idea of doing the work and me paying for it.

Newest Threads