Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bcm???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Bcm???

So here goes...of course im like everyone else "getting my first AR" (sorry guys I know it must get old) anyway orginal plan was to build one from model 1 sales, however I got to reading reviews and found way to many issues with them...sorry to all you model 1 guys, Im sure they do make some good guns I would rather be safe than sorry though. So I have decided to go with BCM. Thought about going with Daniel my dad has one but a little out of my $$ range (trying to stay under 1k) they seem to get great rep from you guys. I am thinking about doing a upper/lower build to save some cash. So my question is what makes BCM so good? Sorry I am very unfamiliar with them. Do they contract out to government? I am just trying to get some background info on them, I have looked but seem to be able to find very little info on them simply trying to get some input from you guys. Thank you greatly in advance!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Sorry I don't know what makes 'em good but I know that they are good. Please stop by the introductions when you have time.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5324 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Bcm rifles are made to actual milspec standard. Well as close as you can get without it being full auto.

Bcm lists detailed information of exactly what each rifle is. If you go to their website click into one of the descriptions of the upper or lower it details all the specs for all parts. No other ar15 maker ive seen even colt lets the customer know the specs of all parts.

There is ample evidence of their rifles being used and abused and just keep going.

Then there is customer service. I thought i had a problem with my bcm carbine. Two emails later less than a day for them to respond back i had a return shipping label. They looked at it examined test fired confirmed it was the magpul bad lever causing the issues (they evidently cause problems on intermittently on many ar15 regardless of make). The same day it arrived at bcm's door they had it diagnosed test fired and sent back in the mail after calling me at no cost to me even though it wasnt their product's issue. No other manufacturer has that level of service.

The bcm i have was less than 1000$ definately a stellar price for what your getting. If i had the choice between something from bcm or something from noveske pof larue i would take the larue noveske pof, sell it buy the bcm and pocket the extra cash while ending up with a better ar15.

The bcm is a rifle you can run hard, put away wet and still have it super model gorgeous the next day.

Plus bravo company is american made right here in hartford wisconsin. Cant go wrong with the bcm label on your ar15. Best all around rifle far as im concerned

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 349 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Even though I have an LMT AR-15 I will tell you the BCM rifles are good to go. I have seen many used and abused by other officers and they work jsut fine. I'm a fan of (in this order): LMT, RRA, BCM, Colt.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #5

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 945

Like Jon said you can't go wrong with BCM if you want an AR that can take hard use and remain ultra reliable, and for a good price to boot. The more you learn about ARs the more you will respect BCM. Learn what their specs mean and you'll see what i mean. I have both Daniel Defense and BCM, which I feel are equals except BCM comes in for less money.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Then there is customer service. I thought i had a problem with my bcm carbine. Two emails later less than a day for them to respond back i had a return shipping label. They looked at it examined test fired confirmed it was the magpul bad lever causing the issues (they evidently cause problems on intermittently on many ar15 regardless of make). The same day it arrived at bcm's door they had it diagnosed test fired and sent back in the mail after calling me at no cost to me even though it wasnt their product's issue. No other manufacturer has that level of service.
Ruger does, actually.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #7

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
Ruger does, actually.
Examples ??

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #8

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

In my eyes in addition to their overall quality/value it's their willingness to throw their product into the fire for ALL eyes to see. Show me any other company willing to do the same other than Daniel Defense. Honesty and integrity go a long way when you have other companies dodging questions from the consumer and avoiding things like "The Chart".

Old 06-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #9

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Google Filthy 14.

You can't do better than a BCM or Colt for under 1k.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Examples ??
1. Oh, the guy who found a Single Six revolver that had been lost in the woods for several decades. Sent it into Ruger and they cleaned up the revolver and replaced numerous parts. Returned the gun pristine. No invoice. This was in American Rifleman a few issues back.

2. http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=150385

3. Ruger has no warranty. They do not care who bought the gun, only who owns it now. They will fix anything that involves a failure of the gun almost always at no charge. Even in many cases of user abuse they will fix the firearm at no charge.

Hope this helped.