Bcm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bcm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default Bcm

Where can I find and compare prices on the BCM ar's? I was under the impression they could be ordered direct from the website and shipped to a FFL but when I look at the complete rifles and carbines section of the website it just shows me the available models and doesn't list a price or have a way to order one? Do they have to be bought through a distributor or am I missing something on the website? I was interested in the Mid 16 Mod0

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

They may have suspended production to fill LEO/Mil orders. You're better off ordering an upper and lower seperate anyway. It saves 11% is taxes. Check out BCM's site for uppers and www.gandrtactical.com for uppers and lowers.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #3

Liked 136 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 29

When I decided I wanted a BCM their website showed "not taking orders."
First I sent an e-mail to BCM which was answered within an hour on a Sunday. iirc Tony answered it. Told him what I wanted. He said "You're my boy, blue! I can hook you up." Well, that's not exactly what he said, but that's what I heard.

So I went to my FFL and had them call the number I was given, then they faxed their license, 9 days (actually 7 business days) later I had this...

Old 03-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #4

I was looking at Stag too but it doesn't look like they offer a mid length

Old 03-15-2012, 02:49 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I was looking at Stag too but it doesn't look like they offer a mid length
Two totally different levels of rifles. I'd stick w/ your original choice.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Two totally different levels of rifles. I'd stick w/ your original choice.
why stag not good? I thought I read alot of opinions which put stag up in the top bracket of ars.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
why stag not good? I thought I read alot of opinions which put stag up in the top bracket of ars.
I'd say it's in the middle somewhere. The big thing about Stag is they are middle of the pack quality but are in the same price bracket as the top ARs.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 03-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #8

I'm sure this in answered in a sticky somewhere but other than sight radius bein longer and being better looking in my opinion, what is the big advantage to the mid length system

Old 03-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #9

Liked 1005 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

There's a lot of debate over advantages but I think midlength is ideal for 14.5-16" barrels. I believe it's smoother operating but there is overlap at 14.5" as carbine length works well too. Many things affect performance: gas port size, buffer weight, carrier weight, etc. so it's hard to declare a clear winner so it's best to try each. The two advantages you mentioned are the easiest to see.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

1.) Stag is mid-range quality. Sorry, but it can't compete with LaRue, DD, Colt, LMT, BCM, Noveske, or even Spikes or PSA. Despite having just built a PSA, I run by the specs, not the hype.

2.) Mid-length gas systems shoot smoother IMHO. By keeping the gas port 7.5" from the end of the barrel instead of 9.5" like the carbine gas system does (the rifle gas system is also 7.5" from end of barrel) it eliminated a change in the dwell time from rifle to shorter length barrels and it has a better feel to it. I'm sure there are also some dwell issues that can be easily avoided with mid-lengths that carbine length are prone to.