BCM 16' mid length....CHF or standard? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

BCM 16' mid length....CHF or standard?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 6992 Times on 3712 Posts
Likes Given: 530

While you can put an old bolt in a new barrel I would leave it with the old barrel and get a new one for the new barrel.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
Old 07-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #12
Liked 595 Times on 317 Posts

When I ordered my BCM mid length I ordered it with the bcg. I have had zero issues with either, and would not hesitate to order more from BCM !
Old 07-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #13
Liked 1164 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 2050

I personally would buy a standard BCG , I have owned several NIB BCGs and they are slick but the cost isnt worth it to me . if its $10 more sure but its not worth any more than that . I have replaced all but one NIB BCG back to Spikes and PSA premiums . After a while and some sooner than others the coating does flake off after a while . Dont get me wrong its still slick but its a visual thing and looks like hell . I have had this happen in as little as 100 rds or less and then some go 1000+ without any flaking at all .
BCM makes great stuff. I just dont think their BCGs are worth $180 over a Spikes for $129 . Personal opinion so lets not get butt hurt over it .
Criminals Prefer Unarmerd Victims....

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 07-11-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Quentin Likes This 
Old 07-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #14
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Appreaciate all the input!!!!! Keep em coming!!!! The more opinions the better.....
Old 07-13-2014, 04:03 AM   #15
Liked 374 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I paid $99.95 for my AIM NiB, and have no complaints. But it isn't the $200+ variety...I'd choose BCM all day long if spending north of $150.

Many of the AIM and PSA phosphate BCGs that can be found for $100 are more than good enough for the most demanding shooters. Just pay attention to the materials used, especially with PSA.

Here's a BCG with a slick, easy to clean finish, non-blingy, the right materials, and affordable: STS Cerakoted M16 $129. Great product for the price. I have a couple and have built several rifles using them.

I like almost anything BCM. I have a few BCM and PSA rifles, and one DD. I only keep the rifles I truly love...so I believe in those companies. CHF is a worthy upgrade in my opinion.

I probably have a dozen BCGs at the moment (some sitting in plastic). All of mine are either BCM, PSA, DD, AIM, or STS. It's a part that's worth shopping carefully for in a build, and worth keep a spare or two around. It's essentially your AR's 'engine', and you can have a first rate drop-in replacement at the ready for just $100.
"The Future is Unwritten"
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 07-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #16
Liked 60 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default BCM 16' mid length....CHF or standard?

Originally Posted by plo41510 View Post
Is the price difference ($80) really that noticeable? I'm just a weekend warrior who is working on a 2nd build. I'm stepping up this build over my 1st one.

I keep hearing that its just a fad that caught on here in America and SLIGHTLY increases life and accuracy.

Anyone own one? Inout?
If you're going with a BCM product you aren't skimping...you're getting some of the best products out there...I know you know that.
When it comes down to it, spending an additional $80 shouldn't be a question.
If you want a budget build, look at PSA. They have great quality for a great price.
But if you're paying for top quality parts, you might as well spend the $80 and get the CHF barrel. Even if it's only slightly better.
Idk, that's just me. I buy BCM because I know it's some of the best stuff out there. And I have no problem spending a little but more for the best stuff they have.
I'll have these guns for dozens of years, if not my whole life.
I know I'd regret not spending the extra $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk