BCM 16' mid length....CHF or standard? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > BCM 16' mid length....CHF or standard?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 428

While you can put an old bolt in a new barrel I would leave it with the old barrel and get a new one for the new barrel.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #12

Liked 516 Times on 284 Posts

When I ordered my BCM mid length I ordered it with the bcg. I have had zero issues with either, and would not hesitate to order more from BCM !

Old 07-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #13

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I personally would buy a standard BCG , I have owned several NIB BCGs and they are slick but the cost isnt worth it to me . if its $10 more sure but its not worth any more than that . I have replaced all but one NIB BCG back to Spikes and PSA premiums . After a while and some sooner than others the coating does flake off after a while . Dont get me wrong its still slick but its a visual thing and looks like hell . I have had this happen in as little as 100 rds or less and then some go 1000+ without any flaking at all .
BCM makes great stuff. I just dont think their BCGs are worth $180 over a Spikes for $129 . Personal opinion so lets not get butt hurt over it .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 07-11-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Quentin Likes This 
Old 07-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Appreaciate all the input!!!!! Keep em coming!!!! The more opinions the better.....

Old 07-13-2014, 04:03 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I paid $99.95 for my AIM NiB, and have no complaints. But it isn't the $200+ variety...I'd choose BCM all day long if spending north of $150.

Many of the AIM and PSA phosphate BCGs that can be found for $100 are more than good enough for the most demanding shooters. Just pay attention to the materials used, especially with PSA.

Here's a BCG with a slick, easy to clean finish, non-blingy, the right materials, and affordable: STS Cerakoted M16 $129. Great product for the price. I have a couple and have built several rifles using them.

I like almost anything BCM. I have a few BCM and PSA rifles, and one DD. I only keep the rifles I truly love...so I believe in those companies. CHF is a worthy upgrade in my opinion.

I probably have a dozen BCGs at the moment (some sitting in plastic). All of mine are either BCM, PSA, DD, AIM, or STS. It's a part that's worth shopping carefully for in a build, and worth keep a spare or two around. It's essentially your AR's 'engine', and you can have a first rate drop-in replacement at the ready for just $100.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #16

Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default BCM 16' mid length....CHF or standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plo41510 View Post
Is the price difference ($80) really that noticeable? I'm just a weekend warrior who is working on a 2nd build. I'm stepping up this build over my 1st one.

I keep hearing that its just a fad that caught on here in America and SLIGHTLY increases life and accuracy.

Anyone own one? Inout?
If you're going with a BCM product you aren't skimping...you're getting some of the best products out there...I know you know that.
When it comes down to it, spending an additional $80 shouldn't be a question.
If you want a budget build, look at PSA. They have great quality for a great price.
But if you're paying for top quality parts, you might as well spend the $80 and get the CHF barrel. Even if it's only slightly better.
Idk, that's just me. I buy BCM because I know it's some of the best stuff out there. And I have no problem spending a little but more for the best stuff they have.
I'll have these guns for dozens of years, if not my whole life.
I know I'd regret not spending the extra $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk