Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   BCGs (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/bcgs-78279/)

eastby 12-12-2012 06:42 AM

BCGs

Planning my AR build but I'm continually frustrated by the lack of BCGs available for sale. I'm just looking for a standard MILSPEC phosphate BCG in the $130-$180 price range. Nobody's got them in stock. I must be on 20 different email notification lists, but still nothing. I've found some high-end NIB and Fail Zero EXO-coated BCGs in stock, but not ready to drop $250+ on these -- as I've read some problems with the gas tube not seating properly. Thoughts? Should I just keep waiting?

texaswoodworker 12-12-2012 06:51 AM

Look on ebay and gunbroker. They have them pop up every once in a while. Expect to pay more than they retail for though. I saw a RRA BCG the other day that was $40 more than what RRA sells them for. It was still in your price range though.
Trust me, I just went through what you are going through. With the help of a friend, I finally got a BCG. I still don't understand why people are hording them. If your worried about a ban, it would make more sense to go after stripped lowers.

PittTactical556 12-12-2012 06:59 AM

Spikes Tactical, BCM, and Daniel Defense are all good to go and BCG's are to Mil-Spec Standard and are if not identical to Colt BCG's

PittTactical556 12-12-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PittTactical556
Spikes Tactical, BCM, and Daniel Defense are all good to go and BCG's are to Mil-Spec Standard and are if not identical to Colt BCG's

Go to Spikes Tactical Website or BCM website, BCG's should be instock! Good luck! BTW I have a Spikes ST15 and it will run any ammo you put in it, Including cheap wolf steal case.

LaiePoi 12-12-2012 07:42 AM

Get on the email list at BCM they have emailed me three times in the last five days about their bcg being back in stock. They go fast though....like in minute! I've missed all three times because I don't see the email til about ten mins after its sent but ill get one soon hopefully. It might help to sign up an account with them too and save all your shipping and billing info so when you get the email you can just add it to cart and check out ASAP Before they're all gone. Good luck

purehavoc 12-12-2012 12:30 PM

I have a new unopened in package spikes BCG I would possibly sell .

kytowboater 12-12-2012 12:36 PM

Give buds Gunshop in Lexington ky a call. They had them in stock. Classic arms and archery and Evans firearms and archery in Lexington ky as well. All had in stock.

eastby 12-12-2012 01:51 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I've got back onto the BCM email notification list (which I thought I was already on), along with all the others, and l'll act quickly if notified. I was looking at Rainier Arms too (as they're right here in my hometown), but they only have the spendy Young Mfg. NIB BCGs. RA used to sell Thunderbolts, but I don't think they even carry them any more. Thanks again!

tomykay12 12-12-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PittTactical556 (Post 1048711)
Go to Spikes Tactical Website or BCM website, BCG's should be instock! Good luck! BTW I have a Spikes ST15 and it will run any ammo you put in it, Including cheap wolf steal case.

Not in stock anywhere. I'm having the same issue. Hope this settles down soon; I'm beginning to second guess the wisdom of building vs buying, tk