Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > BCG info pretty please..specs n stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

If that is the $265 BCG I wouldn't buy it. There are thousands of BCG's out there that cost half as much and are just as good.

Last edited by gunnut07; 07-09-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:14 AM   #22

Call after 4:00 and talk to les him self.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:19 AM   #23

And they are staked!

Old 07-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #24

Liked 940 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 924

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickTheNickhead View Post
All I know is that I just want something reliable...and chrome (or nickel boron) because I want it to be easier to clean.

But this BCG sounds like its one of the best ones out there...I know there's only one way to find out (drop it in and shoot thousands of rounds) but is it correct to say that this BCG looks like one that is REALLY good?
Really good? If you want that it should be sinking in by now - look at BCM, Colt, DD, KAC and a few others. LB? Sounds good? What specs? Who knows? You'll have one soon, shoot it and you tell us. Special coatings? Some folks swear by them but they aren't necessary.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #25

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

Really good? If you want that it should be sinking in by now - look at BCM, Colt, DD, KAC and a few others. LB? Sounds good? What specs? Who knows? You'll have one soon, shoot it and you tell us. Special coatings? Some folks swear by them but they aren't necessary.
Okay..so when I shoot this thing how can you tell that it's good?
If I dropped this BCG in your rifle could you tell the difference? Or are you simply referring to reliability?
What benefits would I see with a BCM BCG over a crappy one?

I know y'all keep recommending other BCGs...
I'll be honest, I searched for a BCM and a RRA BCG for a while online and at local gun stores but they were never in stock, so I found this one and pulled the trigger..
This BCG was the LAST part I needed in my first AR build so I was excited to get it, drop it in and get shooting.

It looked like a really good one and I trusted the Les Baer name. Maybe I'm wrong for doing so. All I'm hoping for is a decent BCG that is reliable. I was hoping to find someone that has used this BCG before and get a review, but I guess I'll just have to keep y'all posted.
I was hoping to hear, "yeah, it's a good BCG, have fun". But I'm starting to feel that it was a bad choice.
Ignore the price tag.
Is it good or a piece of crap?
I guess no one on here really knows and ill have to shoot it thousands of times and let y'all know...

...thanks for all the help! I love this forum!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Dude you are way over thinking this unless your life depends on that rifle and you are putting 10s of thousands of rounds through it. It's a tough market for BCGs at the moment. I'm sure it's a fine BCG but just a tad expensive. That BCG has a little less mass than a full auto BCG but I doubt most people would notice the difference in the feel of rifle when shooting. Just shoot the **** out of it and enjoy your rifle man!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #27

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEcho
Dude you are way over thinking this unless your life depends on that rifle and you are putting 10s of thousands of rounds through it. It's a tough market for BCGs at the moment. I'm sure it's a fine BCG but just a tad expensive. That BCG has a little less mass than a full auto BCG but I doubt most people would notice the difference in the feel of rifle when shooting. Just shoot the **** out of it and enjoy your rifle man!
I am over thinking it because ill be shooting a few thousand rounds a year through it...
But f*ck it...I'll run it and keep y'all posted

Old 07-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickTheNickhead View Post
Okay..so when I shoot this thing how can you tell that it's good?
If I dropped this BCG in your rifle could you tell the difference? Or are you simply referring to reliability?
What benefits would I see with a BCM BCG over a crappy one?...!
I wouldn't put it in my AR, I rarely gamble especially when it comes to barrel and BCG. And if you'd kept your eye on the deals thread over the last few weeks there have been other BCGs for sale. Not trying to be a jerk but there have been opportunities. You just have to be ready.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #29

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

I wouldn't put it in my AR, I rarely gamble especially when it comes to barrel and BCG. And if you'd kept your eye on the deals thread over the last few weeks there have been other BCGs for sale. Not trying to be a jerk but there have been opportunities. You just have to be ready.
Alright...good news, I guess.
Couldn't find a BCM one, but the local shop got in a chrome Daniel Defense BCG in for $220..
So I'll return that (unused) Les Baer!
Haha

Old 07-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #30

I haven't figured out the chrome DD yet. Their phosphate BCG is excellent but they don't say much about the chrome one, and it doesn't use the M16 carrier. (At least the ones I saw last year.) Try to find some specs on it, it might be for their Ambush Arms hunting line.

______