Battlegrips
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Battlegrips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Battlegrips

Ok ladies and gents, I was on another forum (before I found this one) and nobody could seem to answer me. I was recently at a gun show and found a battlegrip with laser and light. The price is $289. It looked and felt solid, but I have never heard of this company. They claimed it was brand new to the market. I am hoping anybody can tell me anything about it before I buy. TF-GLSGL by Field Sport/SnG Tactical. They guy gave me his info, but I am still cautious. Anybody? here is the info Battle Grip Laser & Light System - SnG Tactical - Welcome to SnG Tactical. America's #1 source for . Thanks for any info anybody can give me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9513 Times on 4094 Posts
Likes Given: 1494

Never heard of them- but there is a lot I have never heard of.

And not to be a snob, I am a touch leery of any company that is selling lasers and vertical grips that cannot SPELL laser and vertical.

Doubtful that they are the Maufacturers, but resellers. Any info on where the products are made, warranty, etc etc?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #3

I called the vendor. He said it is made by field sport/sng tactical. Made in china with a 3 year repair replacement warranty.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #4

I don't know. If it seems too good to be true, it might be. How hard do you intend to use it? The place seems to sell a lot of stuff that won't take much use or abuse. And then the quality firearms they carry are over priced. I'm sure the light will work for light use. But you'd probably be better off shopping for a used Surefire 900/910, might find one around the same price. OR.... you can buy one, and give us a good evaluation.... it could be awesome!

Old 05-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
And not to be a snob, I am a touch leery of any company that is selling lasers and vertical grips that cannot SPELL laser and vertical.
I dunno, I think I'd be leery of a company that uses the word tactical for EVERYTHING!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #6

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
I dunno, I think I'd be leery of a company that uses the word tactical for EVERYTHING!

Leupold is!!! I don't care for them Either.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #7

Default FSI /SnG Battle Grip

I have had one of these for about 2 weeks now. I LOVE IT!! The construction is VERY rugged. The trigger control is AWESOME. It makes the gun look sweet too. I had the sling swivel on the bottom of the gas block and had to remove it but other then that the mounting is easy and solid. The laser has never moved once and I have put it though hell. The light is very bright...I think it is understated at 250 lumens. Again I LOVE THIS ITEM!!

Old 06-08-2010, 12:58 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You two work together. Rousing endorsement for your first post. I may have to consider getting one now.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #9

Shihan...you may want to stick to posting what you know. I don't know where you get this, but I signed up with this Forum after seeing this discussion & I thought my input would help.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #10

Default Fsi battle grip

They aren't too bad, had mine in Iraq, Kuwait and Bahrain never had any issues until the end of deployment where the battery storage cap came off. It's held in by a retention screw that apparently came out now I am in the process of trying to get it fixed. The light is extremely bright and the different selector options are great. If you plan to use it for a deployment and throw out or put on a shotgun for home defense then this is nice to have but it won't last too long for day to day use until they fix the battery cap...oh and there is the little issue of the laser not actually adjusting but again for a shotgun for home defense not an issue.