Battle Arms Developments Ambidexterous Safety Selector 45 degree B.A.D.A.S.S. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Battle Arms Developments Ambidexterous Safety Selector 45 degree B.A.D.A.S.S.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #11
FTF_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Excellent review and thank you for the kind words!

In addition to the fine BAD-ASS-ST that AgentTikki has, Battle Arms Development also has a "crank" lever available and an ambi-safety for the S&W 15-22. It is also important to note that the BAD-ASS-ST is designed for 45 degree lowers, and although they can be modified to work with standard 90 degree lowers, it is recommended that the standard BAD-ASS be used for standard lowers. With that said, AR platform owners are known to be tinkerers and if something can be tinkered with, we will tinker away. Battle Arms Development is a true leader in product innovation and evolution, as well as having the best customer service in the industry. If you are in the market for an ambi-safety, consider a BAD-ASS, BAD-CASS, or BAD-ASS-ST. Be sure to check out Battle Arms Development at http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/. They also make some cool M14/M1A tools!

You can purchase the selectors directly from BAD or from me at, http://www.rogtac.com/lower-parts.html?cat=28

If anyone has any questions about these ambi-safety selectors, feel free to PM me or email me at sales@rogtac.com

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #12

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Did you guys know that Battle Arms has a lever exchange program? If you aren't happy with the safety selector that you have, you can get it exchanged for free! How great is that! Call them up and tell them what you like to exchange. Mail it to them and they will mail you back some new ones! I got mine in 3 days!

I opted to get the new crank lever and the hybrid lever, just to try them out. I like the crank lever when using it on the left side, standard right hand grip. Its nice, and its unique shape makes it quite easy to flick the lever up and and down. Its probably a little lighter than the standard lever. Its probably a little more likely to snag on something. Quite honestly its a toss-up between the crank and the standard lever. It really just comes down to personal taste and aesthetics.

I had the chance to use the BADASS ST (short throw) in a carbine class this weekend. I had the regular lever on the left, and the hybrid lever on the right. Quite honestly, the standard and the crank style on the left side really didn't make much of a difference. I opted for the standard lever.

The Hybrid on the right side was very very nice. I like that its thinner near the end so it doesn't rub to much on the first knuckle of my trigger finger. When switching from strong side to weak side I simply forgot that I had a safety on the left side. I had to retrain myself to remember to use the safety with my support hand but I got. Either my left hand is uncoordinated or just plain week but I found it a little difficult to engage the safety with my left hand due to the shape of the lever. Taking it off safety with my left thumb wasn't a problem, but going back to safe with the hybrid lever was a little difficult. Ideally i would have wanted a standard long fat lever there, but then when shooting with my right hand, that lever would rub and quickly become very annoying. The Hybrid is a good compromise. Its doesn't bother the strong side hand when shooting normally. It offers more torque and purchase to actuate the safety when compared to the short/thin and short/fat levers. I'm happy with it there.

As for the BADASS ST itself, you realize that its greatest strength within the first few time you flick it. Its beauty lies in its ergonomics. You don't have to shift your grip to go back to safe. It doesn't sound like much. But there it is. It allows you to keep your hand in the optimal shooting position. Now your thumbs maybe longer than mine, and you may not have to shift you grip when engaging the standard 90 degree safety lever. But this small difference wows me. Its so small and simple you don't have to retrain for it. You put it on and immediately you instinctively know how do use it. Now that I've got a whole day behind one, I'm honestly considering getting them for all my lowers.

Now for this carbine class I used a standard pistol grip, I'm going to take this to the range with a Californian featureless rifle. I don't think most of you guys would even consider neutering your ARs, but the joy of having a regular magazine release and 30 round STANDARD capacity magazines are just too tempting.

Last edited by AgentTikki; 06-26-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #13

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

30 round regular capacity magazine? Lol.

I've been wanting to try the Hybrid lever but like all the other things my focus shifts.

Do a write up/AAR on the class. It's always fun to hear others experiences.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #14

AAR? Wassat Mike?

Yeah your right........I'm behind enemy lines.......10 round mags for me. I did borrow a friend's 30 rounder for a couple scoot and shoot drills. Its not having to reload with a bullet bullet every 10 seconds.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #15

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
AAR? Wassat Mike?

Yeah your right........I'm behind enemy lines.......10 round mags for me. I did borrow a friend's 30 rounder for a couple scoot and shoot drills. Its not having to reload with a bullet bullet every 10 seconds.
Giving you a little crap.

After Action Report.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #16

Liked 1019 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
AAR? Wassat Mike?

Oh man that sounds ugly. I'm still buying 30rd mags here and there. You just never know. Hope you guys can overturn these draconian state laws. And that they don't spread any further.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #17

I was honestly considering making a featureless build, but now I'm not convinced. My friend was sporting a featureless. While it shoots just fine target shooting or on a bench, he was having issues running with it, certain times we were asked to keep the muzzle up and run with it, all but impossible to do one handed when you can use your thumb while holding the grip. Also, strong to weak transitions were tough. He also didn't think ahead to put on an ambidexterous safety, which meant he needed to use his support hand to toggle it. It was slow and cumbersome to say the least.