Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > BATFE Approved Simulated Automatic Fire AR-15??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 02:02 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 105 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Wasn't this tried with a 10/22 stock set up to do the same thing...and ATFE approved it? For about a month and a half, then went after everyone who had one? Am I remembering this right?

Old 03-30-2011, 03:03 AM   #22

I'll PASS on this one....ammo bill is high enough already. I have a sneaky suspicion that this ruling will be overturned considering the current administration. I give the the inventor an A+ for ingenuity.

NRA Member
Sustaining Member Southern Poverty Law Center
"Lighten Up Francis"
Semper gero sub gero

Old 04-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #23

this thing isnt bad, my buddy has one and for a bump fire, its actuallt pretty accurate.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #24

Liked 209 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Wasn't this tried with a 10/22 stock set up to do the same thing...and ATFE approved it? For about a month and a half, then went after everyone who had one? Am I remembering this right?
Yep. Inventor had to buy 'em all back. I think the BATFEC's contention was the stock/spring assy. took all the skill out of it. Trouble is, the .22 has such low recoil, damn near impossible to sustain bumpfire without major assistance. With the price of ammo so high, everyone who enjoys bumpfiring is looking for a way to make the .22LR work.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #25
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 545

A local shop has been selling a lot of the slide fire stocks. You could walk in with cash and walk out. There are 2 models right now, regular and adjustable stock. The mfg is supposed to be coming out with a stock for the AK. I have also heard rumors about another mfg coming out with a similar product.
No, I have not bought one.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 10-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2196 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

Cane,

Excellent Thread!

Thank you for sharing the letter from the BATF National Firearms Acts Section. I had often wondered what their stand was going to be on that new stock, even though technically it was not in anyway conforming to multiple rounds with a single pull of the trigger! "But one never knows until they confirm their position!

Take Care!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #27

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

neat idea, but if the SHTF i would just swap lowers with some one i dropped with my semi auto if i ever felt the need to WAIST ammo in a time of need. i have played with a few full auto weapons and its fun but its not a very practial thing to have. if u want a bunch of holes in one target get a shot gun

Old 11-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #28

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default Slide fire--- records?

Why and/or how could the slide fires be eventually taken away when there is no more need of having it registered than a bipod, or a set of hogue grips? Anyways, a person doesn't need slide stop to do what it does but but the slide stop apears to have a little more control of aim than a typical bump fire style. Bump style, its free and you never have to worry about a LEO seeing it, . Enjoy the shooting sports.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5276 Times on 2751 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Why and/or how could the slide fires be eventually taken away when there is no more need of having it registered than a bipod, or a set of hogue grips? Anyways, a person doesn't need slide stop to do what it does but but the slide stop apears to have a little more control of aim than a typical bump fire style. Bump style, its free and you never have to worry about a LEO seeing it, . Enjoy the shooting sports.
its not that they have records and will come confiscate them its that the atf can and often does change its mind on grey area devices like this and your perfectly legal toy becomes a ticket to 15 years in the pen...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-14-2011, 03:15 AM   #30

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Save your money & just buy a light trigger from Jard, Timney or Jewell some thing in the 3# range.
Then learn to hold the gun firm but alow the gun to jump back while on the rest. You just push forward with your left hand & pull the trigger with your right index finger with out holding the grip, just let the stock bump your shoulder, by doing this you will very quickly learn to bump fire accurately. I do this with my AR15 with a Jard 3# adj. trigger a lot & the light trigger helps me with taking long range shots too.
So you get the best of both worlds, an AR that you can bump fire & a light trigger that will help you take the long 300yd to 500yd shots.