Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   BATFE Approved Simulated Automatic Fire AR-15?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/batfe-approved-simulated-automatic-fire-ar-15-a-40480/)

canebrake 03-29-2011 06:13 PM

BATFE Approved Simulated Automatic Fire AR-15??

3 Attachment(s)

The Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15 Bump Fire Device

Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15

jhog 03-29-2011 07:01 PM

That is just toooo freaky cooolll! I gotta get me one!

Dillinger 03-29-2011 07:25 PM

I am amazed quite frankly. How can this possibly be legal in use? I can see how the ATF would rule that the part itself is not a controlled item like an auto sear, as it requires constant user interface to make it run, but how can running that possibly be legal??

It's one hell of a cool idea though. $369 to take the risk of getting a visit from the BATFE though??

I just don't know about that....

Yunus 03-29-2011 07:26 PM

Nice to see a review from someone other than the manufacturer. So if the BATFE declares these illegal in a couple years, do they also get the sales records? Will I get a knock on my door?

JonM 03-29-2011 07:27 PM

this cant be good for the gun community. i am predicting some gang goblin or mass murdering scum bag is gonna use one and at that point all hell is gonna break loose on law abiding gun owners. i can already see the headlines now.

VitSports6 03-29-2011 07:30 PM

Nice to see the letter, Thanks
I dont think I will shell out the $370, But I would imagine they will sell plenty.

Dillinger 03-29-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunus (Post 475280)
Nice to see a review from someone other than the manufacturer. So if the BATFE declares these illegal in a couple years, do they also get the sales records? Will I get a knock on my door?

That is something I was wondering as well. While I wouldn't hesitiate to drop the coin for SHTF purposes, I don't want to find a friendly, local BATFE agent at my door in a year or two with a subpoena to search my entire house and take what they feel fit. :eek:

The one write up claims they have already sold thousands. We have thousands of members ( at various times ) anyone know anyone, directly, that can prove they have one and that it's A-ok? Pictures would be a plus. :cool:

orangello 03-29-2011 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=Dillinger;475289]That is something I was wondering as well. While I wouldn't hesitiate to drop the coin for SHTF purposes, I don't want to find a friendly, local BATFE agent at my door in a year or two with a subpoena to search my entire house and take what they feel fit. :eek: [quote]

Well, order with care: Use Tango's name, your neighbor's address (or that vacant house down the way), and pay with a money order from Walmart. Heck, most of my online ammo orders get delivered to a buddy's house, and the rest goes to an office address.

I don't want one (not an AR person), but i will be passing this along to a few friends.

dunerunner 03-29-2011 07:48 PM

Manufactured in "Bump Fire"! And BATF says it is OK!! :eek:

What ever happend to not being able to modify any firearm to be fully automatic?

I have serious reservations about this.

Dillinger 03-29-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 475293)
Well, order with care: Use Tango's name, your neighbor's address (or that vacant house down the way), and pay with a money order from Walmart. Heck, most of my online ammo orders get delivered to a buddy's house, and the rest goes to an office address.

I don't want one (not an AR person), but i will be passing this along to a few friends.

I was thinking about doing something along those lines, because to have one would be cool in the event of ever needing it, but damn man. :eek:

1) Sending money across state lines
2) Under an assumed name
3) In an attempt to acquire a product
4) That will be shipped back across state lines
5) To be installed and convert a non NFA weapon into, basically, an NFA weapon.

Racketeering, much?? :eek::eek: