Barska M-16 Electro Sight Scope or Sightmark Ultra Shot Holographic - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Barska M-16 Electro Sight Scope or Sightmark Ultra Shot Holographic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 12:38 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2132 Times on 1467 Posts
Likes Given: 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
LOL. I've has the same luck with the AETEC that others have had with the Barska and Meade wouldn't stand behind them. AETECs were my last attempt at a "bargain" in riflescopes, since then it's Burris and Leupold.

A quick search now shows ATK owning Bushnell, Weaver, and Simmons and the AETECs being sold as Weavers.
Kind of funny I get a lifetime warranty with anything coming out of Meade Labs. I don't even have to save the receipt. There are no riflescopes sold under the Meade Labs name. Meade Labs brand items are telescopes and microscopes.

A quick search confirmed that Bushnell could be purchased by ATK.

The people asked not to be identified because the matter is confidential. They cautioned that a deal has not yet been finalized and negotiations could still fall apart.

MidOcean Partners and Bushnell declined to comment, while ATK did not respond to a request for comment.

Bushnell hired Morgan Stanley and Robert W. Baird to shop the company, other people familiar with the matter told Reuters in February.

Founded in 1948, Overland Park, Kansas-based Bushnell makes accessories such as binoculars, telescopes, night vision equipment and GPS devices for sports like hunting and fishing. Its brands include Butler Creek, Final Approach, Hoppe’s, Millett, Night Optics, Primos, Simmons, Stoney Point, Tasco and Uncle Mike’s.

- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/08/05/breaking-news-atk-buy-bushnell/#sthash.4juvJT6g.dpuf

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 02-01-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #12

Liked 114 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Kind of funny I get a lifetime warranty with anything coming out of Meade Labs. I don't even have to save the receipt. There are no riflescopes sold under the Meade Labs name. Meade Labs brand items are telescopes and microscopes.

A quick search confirmed that Bushnell could be purchased by ATK.

The people asked not to be identified because the matter is confidential. They cautioned that a deal has not yet been finalized and negotiations could still fall apart.

MidOcean Partners and Bushnell declined to comment, while ATK did not respond to a request for comment.

Bushnell hired Morgan Stanley and Robert W. Baird to shop the company, other people familiar with the matter told Reuters in February.

Founded in 1948, Overland Park, Kansas-based Bushnell makes accessories such as binoculars, telescopes, night vision equipment and GPS devices for sports like hunting and fishing. Its brands include Butler Creek, Final Approach, Hoppe’s, Millett, Night Optics, Primos, Simmons, Stoney Point, Tasco and Uncle Mike’s.

- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/08/05/breaking-news-atk-buy-bushnell/#sthash.4juvJT6g.dpuf
You and I must have different search engines, mine has an ATK site that claims Bushnell as one of theirs. http://www.atk.com/business-groups/atk-sporting/
It's in the orange print under the headline with all their other companies. They have a phone number if you would like to call and correct them.

BTW back when I had AETECs they were listed as a product on the Meade site, I did talk to their customer service and they were happy to tell me they were going to charge me half the retail price of the scope plus shipping to fix my reticles. I had about 4 of these scopes and they all failed within a day of coming out of the box. if you have good luck with them that's great I will avoid them like the plague.

If I write a post and it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what's best for you, it's because I write like crap.

Last edited by p35bhp55; 02-01-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean1 View Post
Was wondering which of these would be best on my AR-15? Don't want to tie up a bunch of money buying a Eotech.

I actually already have both of these red dots from previous rifles. Now I have S&W M&P 15-22 and a M&P 15. Was trying to decide which sight to use on each gun of the the two?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 02-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have the sightmarkon one of my ar's I have no complaints with it. Kills cardboard like a dream

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 199 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Second strykfire. I love mine and it comes with a doubler that works well. I don't think I could have beat it for the price.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by e43jimmy409 View Post
I have the sightmarkon one of my ar's I have no complaints with it. Kills cardboard like a dream

Jimmy what AR do you have your sightmark on?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 02-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 199 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Btw I am researching a scope as well. I started a thread in the optics section that has several very good suggestions and links for AR optics.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccase39 View Post
Second strykfire. I love mine and it comes with a doubler that works well. I don't think I could have beat it for the price.
I don't think anything can touch Vortex's Strikefire or Sparc for the price.

Don't get me wrong...there are better optics out there. Far better. But they pretty much land in the $350-1K+ range. The quality and performance a $150 Vortex offers vs those options is arguably worth $250-300 by comparison, in my opinion.

Unless you're willing to pay north of $300, Vortex is awful tough to beat for a red dot.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #19

Liked 280 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Meade did buy the rights to redfield in 2002 and built what is the new redfield line and in 2008 luepold came to be the newest owner of redfield. Mead also bought simmons back around 2006 or 2007 and rebuilt the line . Then bushnell bought simmons in 2008.

Mead has merged with sunny optics and we may again see a rifle scope with meads lens technology in them.

Anyone looking for a low to mid range scope that has added green light for when its really needed look at Weavers Kaspa 1.5-6 x32 30mm tube line of scopes. Good practical rangeing reticle and can be bought for 170 buck + or - 10 bucks. retail is high 200.
http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/25470/ar-optics-on-a-budget/

Old 02-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #20

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean1 View Post
Jimmy what AR do you have your sightmark on?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
PSA lightweight midlength 16" in 5.56