Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Barska M-16 Electro Sight Scope or Sightmark Ultra Shot Holographic (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/barska-m-16-electro-sight-scope-sightmark-ultra-shot-holographic-103394/)

bean1 01-29-2014 04:00 AM

Barska M-16 Electro Sight Scope or Sightmark Ultra Shot Holographic

Was wondering which of these would be best on my AR-15? Don't want to tie up a bunch of money buying a Eotech.

Dahamp2003 01-29-2014 04:35 AM

Check out primaryarms.com. Better quality than both of those for the same or just a little more price. They have a great reputation and super fast shipping. I have a 6X magnifier from them and it's great. Also have purchased mounts, etc.

sweeper22 01-29-2014 06:28 PM

For under $150 there's nothing I'd trust more than Vortex. Both of their red dots are essentially Aimpoint knockoffs, but they are sound optics.

PSA has great deals on both right now:

Vortex StrikeFire Red/Green Dot: $119.99
Vortex Sparc Red Dot: $149.99

The Bushnell TRS-1 is about the only option I'd trust under $100, but doesn't measure up to either Vortex in my opinion.

crockett007 01-29-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bean1 (Post 1494028)
Was wondering which of these would be best on my AR-15? Don't want to tie up a bunch of money buying a Eotech.

Neither...airsoft quality mall ninja Chinese junk. Buy good quality gear, save up if you have to. Buy once ...cry once:rolleyes:

Dahamp2003 01-30-2014 12:07 PM

I second those as well. Just saying. If you can't afford 115$, the primary arms is still better than barska. I started with truglo, quickly went to vortex strikefire, then to Aimpoint Comp M2

p35bhp55 01-30-2014 12:51 PM

I have a Barska and the SPARC and it would be hard for me to pick for you. The little Barska is NOT junk and I wonder how many people making that claim have used one. If you can get a SPARC for 150. I think that would be my first choice, but if you plan on changing the mounts after your first assembly, suggest you clean the Loctite from the screws. My Barska is mounted on a pump 12 ga. with a folder that I need to shoot with my head up cause I'm a lefty and the hinge ends up in your face if you get close. It has run who knows how many 2 3/4 slugs under it and given zero problems over the last 7 years.

P.S. If you can live with the size I have one of these and in the future will be heading more this way. On 1 power it's a dot and when you crank the dial it's a real scope. http://www.natchezss.com/Optics.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=BH&prodID =BH731424M&prodTitle=Bushnell Trophy 1-4X24 Riflescope Illum. 4A Reticle Matte

Dahamp2003 01-31-2014 03:11 AM

Barska. Junk. I have experience with them. I'm glad yours is still working but I've seen a whole lotta barska that don't work. No offense man, just wanna help someone get a quality optic for that pricepoint.

p35bhp55 01-31-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahamp2003 (Post 1495291)
Barska. Junk. I have experience with them. I'm glad yours is still working but I've seen a whole lotta barska that don't work. No offense man, just wanna help someone get a quality optic for that pricepoint.

Fair enough, but have you had the Electro dot fail? I have zero experience with the scopes so they may be trash from front to back for all I know. I have yet to even change the little battery stack in mine. Back when I got it 1or 2 MOA dots were rare and the crosshair got be turned down to a fine +.

John_Deer 01-31-2014 09:40 PM

I haven't seen anyone have good luck with Barska products.

Get a simmons manufactured at the Meade labs facility if you need an inexpensive optic. If you mount the simmons properly with an inch pound wrench you will have a truly fog proof and shockproof optic. If do some research you will find out simmons is manufacturing a lot of stuff for other companies, including bushnell.