Barrels... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Barrels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickTheNickhead View Post
Looking for a good barrel...

Which companies make some good ones..

I've been looking at some bravo company uppers and had a hard time choosing between their ss410 and their CFH barrels

But who else makes some high quality barrels/uppers?
Check out the guys at legion firearms. These guys came up with a hex fluted barrel. Watch the YouTube video on them as well. This barrel can take the beating of an AK and still fire like a champ. They dropped it in the mid and fired it immediately and the water vaper evaporated and the dirt flaked off.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5506 Times on 2874 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Daniel Defense does CHF barrels in house but I can't think of others off hand. No doubt it's rare in the US.
I seriously doubt they crankout any barrels from a block of steel. They may do it from a blank that has already been cut annd rifled but making a barrel from scratch is a whole other animal.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #13

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

I seriously doubt they crankout any barrels from a block of steel. They may do it from a blank that has already been cut annd rifled but making a barrel from scratch is a whole other animal.
That's how all manufactures do it. There's about 4 different companies that make actual barrels that are blank and unchambered. And all the other guys mold them. Kinda like 80% recivers

Old 06-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 79 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Daniel Defense does indeed make their CHF barrels in house. They start with a solid steel blank. It is then gun drilled. They then insert a mandrel with a negative impression of the desired rifling into the blank and into the forge it goes.

Beginning to end. All in house

E-DUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5506 Times on 2874 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW1066 View Post
Daniel Defense does indeed make their CHF barrels in house. They start with a solid steel blank. It is then gun drilled. They then insert a mandrel with a negative impression of the desired rifling into the blank and into the forge it goes.

Beginning to end. All in house

E-DUB
thats cool. those hammer forge machines arent cheap either which is why almost no one uses em even thought they make pretty good barrels.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #16

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 982

https://danieldefense.com/about-daniel-defense

Quote:
... The next few years proved to be fruitful for Daniel Defense as new and innovative configurations were offered for its brand name Daniel Defense DDM4 Carbine.

An expanded line of products meant substantial capital investments, like the acquisition of additional Vertical & Horizontal CNC Machining Centers. This positioned Daniel Defense to gain new advantages in design and manufacturing capabilities. One such investment in recent years took Daniel Defense to the heart of the rifle-the barrel. No Daniel Defense rifle would be complete without a state-of-the-art barrel. Daniel Defense is one of five companies worldwide that own and operate barrel production cells capable of producing COLD HAMMER FORGED rifle barrels. This barrel cell, unmatched in the commercial AR market, allows Daniel Defense to bring in raw steel bar stock and produce over 4,000 barrels a month in multiple calibers and configurations.

The multi-million dollar investment demonstrates the Daniel Defense "take no prisoners" mentality and desire to grow as a major player in the commercial rifle market.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #17
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1732 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

Black Hole Weaponry (BHW) has polygonical barrel's.
I liked that fact that there local to Washington State.
http://blackholeweaponry.com/

About their barrels.
http://blackholeweaponry.proboards.com/thread/682/anatomy-bhw-barrel

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL

Old 07-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I love everything I've received from BCM (about 6 uppers, with accompanied BCGs and CHs). So consider me a biased BCM homer.

You can pay quite a bit more. And with ample skill, you may prove that the barrel/upper you paid hundred$ more for was worth it. I can't outshoot BCM's quality. BMC and PSA are my go-to manufacturers when it comes to ARs builds. Always great quality at a fair price.