Badass Safety Selector help
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Badass Safety Selector help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Default Badass Safety Selector help

So this thing gets awesome reviews, but after I installed it, I'm not impressed. At all. Something has to be off. Everyone talks about how smooth it is, but when I activate it it's rough. Like it's so hard to flip half the time it gets stuck in between, and it's 2 actions instead of 1. I used the spring and detent provided, but I just can't figure out what the deal is. I have been using it, but honestly I liked the regular safety that came with the parts kit from PSA. It was 10 times smoother. Any suggestions?

PSA 16" Mid upper
Palmetto State Defense Lower
Aimpoint Comp M2
Springfield XD 9 Sub
Winchester semi 12ga
Remington 870
Mosin Nagant 91/30
RIA 2011 VZ Grips 1911 .45 acp

My deviled egg farts

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2980 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1505

Dahamp,

I would suggest contacting the company direct. There may be some tolerance or machining location problems with that particular unit. As I tell the students in the classes, just because they are new parts does not guarantee they are good parts. Sometimes a machining error can occur in the detent area of a Safety Selector Lever Shaft itself causing the type problem you are talking about. There is nothing you can do with it except contact the vendor and usually they are more than glad to rectify the issue.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy