Backordered! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Backordered!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

So as I said I am waiting for BCM's 20in upper with the MI SS15G2 handguard to come in stock. I saw on their website that the handguard itself is in stock. So I sent my email that I send every few weeks to see if there are any updates except this time I commented on the fact that they had the handguard in stock. I got the same copy and paste reply back about the industry being busy and the current political status and that there was no eta and to sign up for the email me when back in stock. So I replied that since they have the handguard in stock I wanted to know if they were going to be putting the upper in stock. Their reply.... "At some point we will have more available". Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them from BCM? I thouhgt it was a little rude of a reply. I mean I know they are probably tired of emails, but I think they should keep their customer service a priority. Am I wrong for being offended by the reply?

Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by e43jimmy409
So as I said I am waiting for BCM's 20in upper with the MI SS15G2 handguard to come in stock. I saw on their website that the handguard itself is in stock. So I sent my email that I send every few weeks to see if there are any updates except this time I commented on the fact that they had the handguard in stock. I got the same copy and paste reply back about the industry being busy and the current political status and that there was no eta and to sign up for the email me when back in stock. So I replied that since they have the handguard in stock I wanted to know if they were going to be putting the upper in stock. Their reply.... "At some point we will have more available". Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them from BCM? I thouhgt it was a little rude of a reply. I mean I know they are probably tired of emails, but I think they should keep their customer service a priority. Am I wrong for being offended by the reply?
They aren't the only ones that sound annoyed when emailing them...Troy ind was the same way to me

Old 01-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5647 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 372

I think your being a little touchy. After all your asking a very obvious question you really already know the answer to

Bcm isnt like dealing with jonathon arthur ciener or red jacket or rguns where peeing on the customer is the norm heh

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Well the only reason I asked was because they keep yelling me they have no eta on the handguards, but they have them instock for sale..#confused

Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS:

When many online distributors place anything AR or "high capacity" related (especially those with highly inflated resale values at the moment) up for sale, they are literally inundated with traffic in minutes if not seconds.

They might well have 13 units of just received "product X" up for sale, and they're hit with 3,947 orders for it in the first 100 seconds it's on the site. Yes, it's actually that bad. And then they have to sort it out. And I have a feeling many of their inventory programs aren't quite equal to the task of sorting out that mess. And then they get 30,000 web hits in the next 10mins after they've sold out, which might well overwhelm their server.

I got an email yesterday that AIM had PMags. I didn't see it until 2hrs after it came in, so I knew full well they were long gone. But I clicked the link just for the heck of it, and AIM was all locked up. There was no getting through that front door. Overwhelmed.

Be patient. That's the sacrifice you've got to expect in getting good gear at a good price at this moment. I've got a bunch of stuff on backorder, as well as a number of "in-stock" products I bought (and have been charged for, to the tune of $2K) that have yet to ship. Some of them were paid for 2 weeks ago. But everyone is behind on shipping and struggling to fill demand. This is a case where being a "squeaky wheel" only means you're slowing the process for yourself and everyone else.

Last edited by sweeper22; 01-24-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS:

When many online distributors place anything AR or "high capacity" related (especially those with highly inflated resale values at the moment) up for sale, they are literally inundated with traffic in minutes if not seconds.

They might well have 13 units of just received "product X" up for sale, and they're hit with 3,947 orders for it in the first 100 seconds it's on the site. Yes, it's actually that bad. And then they have to sort it out. And I have a feeling many of their inventory programs aren't quite equal to the task of sorting out that mess. And then they get 30,000 web hits in the next 10mins after they've sold out, which might well overwhelm their server.

I got an email yesterday that AIM had PMags. I didn't see it until 2hrs after it came in, so I knew full well they were long gone. But I clicked the link just for the heck of it, and AIM was all locked up. There was no getting through that front door. Overwhelmed.

Be patient. That's the sacrifice you've got to expect in getting good gear at a good price at this moment. I've got a bunch of stuff on backorder, as well as a number of "in-stock" products I bought (and have been charged for, to the tune of $2K) that have yet to ship. Some of them were paid for 2 weeks ago. But everyone is behind on shipping and struggling to fill demand. This is a case where being a "squeaky wheel" only means you're slowing the process for yourself and everyone else.
Well said.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 AM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I do understand this. The only reason my interest was sparked was because the handguard has been in stock for a while now, not a here and gone item and palmetto has been pumping out 16in uppers with the said handguard. I was just trying to see if they had an estimated timeline or if I should move on to another upper

Old 01-25-2013, 04:23 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by e43jimmy409
Not trying to be out of line , just to get this straight.... You are waiting on a complete, or mostly complete upper and you saw the hand guards were in stock. Did you then surmise that the rest of the parts were in stock as well? I have been able to get guards at normal prices with fairly short ship times in the last 2 months, heck even two weeks ago. Specific barrels, uppers, BCG's, LPK's....no way, not unless I was willing to pay through the nose (not). If you want BCM you may have to wait and I don't think it is the furniture that is holding up the builds.

I was pleasantly surprised today when I went into my LGS/range and they actually had some lowers, uppers and BCG's at reasonable prices. Maybe some local places could surprise you with what they have. I even found some .22lr ammo at the hardware store! Like Christmas all over!

Ruger SR-22, Browning Buckmark Camper URX, Sig P250 2Sum 9mm, Beretta Nano, Winchester 101 Trap, CZ 512 Mossberg 500 Flex, Carbine MForgery, and soon a rifle length MForgery........and counting. Damn this is fun

Last edited by Shoots2little; 01-25-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #29
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 949 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Find a local Wal-Mart that sells black guns. Some don't. Make friends with the sporting goods manager, and let him know you want one. Most WMs put out gun related items when that department starts their day, at 7am. Be there, smiling, everyday at 7am to see what comes in. In about two weeks time, if you go there daily, you will get a brand new colt.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

My local lgs has bare walls lol. They just had an article in the news paper about it. And I live in central Illinois....walmart doesn't sell guns and sporting goods store s don't carry "black guns" stupid chicago