AUS 223 ammo from aimsurplus.com OK?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AUS 223 ammo from aimsurplus.com OK?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AUS 223 ammo from aimsurplus.com OK?

Like many, my son and I are buying plenty of ammo for all calibers we have. Walmart prices here as good as it gets for most. Recently bought 3 x 500 round bags of this AIM ammo, 55gr FMJ brass case, $169 each "manufactured in U.S. by U.S. Defense Contractor". Want to buy 4 more bags but have not shot the stuff yet---cold winter here! Aguila a penny less, but not U.S. made. Worried about prices going up again, but don't want to regret buying it.

Protect your home and family, it only takes an ounce or two (or 230 GR)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8960 Times on 3879 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

Look, you gotta face the facts- if you did not buy the ammo, you would just waste the money on non-essential things- clothing, food, shelter. Remember- one cannot be too wealthy, too handsome or have too much chocolate or ammo.

The price of ammo seems to have leveled off for right now, since the feeding frenzy has died down somewhat. Will it go down? I doubt that it will drop much. Will it go up? Well, look at the price of a McDonald's Cheeseburger over the past 20 years, and you tell me.

However, my crystal ball is still in the shop- problem with calibration, so I really can't give you an accurate answer. But you are asking a man with a lifetime supply of 7.62 Russian and 8mm Mauser if you should buy ammo????

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:50 AM   #3

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

buy as much as you can afford when its available...a gun without ammo is just a nice stick

Tags
w/shipping its 35.5 cents