Ati omni 556 ar-15
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Ati omni 556 ar-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 04:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Ati omni 556 ar-15

Does anyone know anything about these or own one? My LGS got some in stock just curious about them for $600.00

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #2

Liked 108 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 55

If these are the Polymer/Plastic/Anything but 7075 T-6 Metal Receiver type AR, I would stay away. The Polymer Receiver Ar's will not have the longevity that the Metal AR's will have.
Yes they will shoot well, yes they're lighter in weight, yes they sell for cheaper. They may have good Barrels and other Internal/Exterior Parts, but the Polymer Upper/Lower Receivers are garbage and not safe if there is a KaBoom. PERIOD. I've worked on them, there's too many weak points. Stay with 7075 T-6 Alloys or Billet if you want something that's better machined. Hell, even DPMS sells some 7029 Alloy AR's I would purchase over a Polymer if I had to.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:53 AM   #3

Liked 339 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 50

1) It probably won't be a bad gun. In fact, it's likely to be a decent and exceptionally lightweight AR for $600...which is pretty cool.

2) You can get quality that is worth (in my estimation) nearly twice the price for maybe $800 ($200 more) with a PSA build.

Either option can work, it just depends on your own demands and expectations. I'll take the PSA. But an ultra-lightweight at an ultra-light price is pretty cool as well. Buy whatever will treat you best.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:32 AM   #4

Liked 640 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 955

+1 on PSA. You can build a complete PTAC budget upper and lower in the sub $500 range. Watch for sales. This will be a better gun with a higher resale if you ever decided to sell it...

ATI doesn't have that great a reputation, PSA does. Plus it costs less...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!