ARs in cali?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > ARs in cali?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default ARs in cali?

I've been looking into getting some kind of an AR15 buuuut according toone local gun store the only legal ar is the dpms oracle, which he sells the base model for 1050 or so. I have seen ar type guns at big5 and other places for 500 +/-. I guess I am wondering if I want a mil spec ar do I really have to get the oracle or couldbi get something like the plum crazy lower with the guy adding a bullet button to make it cali legal. Oooor will that not work becuase it isnt on the "approved list". Thx in advance

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I feel your pain. Because as you can see I also live in Cali. I am not to sure about the laws though because it is not high on the list of guns I want, so I am sorry that I cannot help.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #3

I have a bushmaster carbon 15 m4 and it's California legal I have a bullet button and a non fixed 10 round mag

Bushmaster Carbon 15 M4, Smith & Wesson SW99, Walther P22.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:31 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Dragon, that gun shop is blowing smoke. The main issue with AR's in Kalifornia is detachable mags. You can legally get around that with a "Bullet Button" that requires a tool (point of a bullet) to drop the mag.

There may be a couple of other BS things like no flash hider, but a muzzle brake is okay, etc...

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-18-2011, 05:32 AM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

A police tactical supply sold me a complete spikes tactical ar-15 with bullet button. I
would get a second opinion, start by picking out a favorite AR-15 manufacture and then
asking them if they sell a CA complaint version. Then ask your miss-informed gun shop
if they can order one from their distributor. Oh, and go in there with a price of the gun
and don't pay more than 90% of the MSRP.

Hope this helps! Please post a picture.

- Gloves
"When the situation gets too hot, put Gloves on"
or
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 08-18-2011, 07:14 AM   #6

Its not an approved list that list is for handguns the list you are thinking of is the can not own in kalifornia list and as of about a week ago when I checked last the Plum crazy lower is not on the banned in Kalifornia list

I will be moving to Kali soon and want to take all of my guns so I did a bit of research

When the zombies come its me you should worry about not them. They dont have guns and ammo.

Last edited by madmiah; 08-18-2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: had to add something

Old 08-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thank you for all of the extremely reasuring information onar15s and confirming that 2 of the 3 gun stores in my area are not entirely honest. Where might I find this vb list you speek of?

Old 08-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #8

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Bullet button? How stupid is that?!?!?! Does anyone have a photograph of such a monster?

Yep, libs, better hold back a shooting tirade by making the shooter spend 10 more second pulling a tool out of their pocket to drop the mag. That'll stop crime.

LAME.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #9

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessdragon View Post
Thank you for all of the extremely reasuring information onar15s and confirming that 2 of the 3 gun stores in my area are not entirely honest. Where might I find this vb list you speek of?
The CA state statutes for one. Also look at calguns.net forums.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Bullet button? How stupid is that?!?!?! Does anyone have a photograph of such a monster?

Yep, libs, better hold back a shooting tirade by making the shooter spend 10 more second pulling a tool out of their pocket to drop the mag. That'll stop crime.

LAME.
I have a quick solution to that one I am going to modify one of my shooting gloves with a tool of somesort so presto I save 5 of those ten seconds on reloading or when the zombies come I will just remove the bullet button and not worry about it being illegal

When the zombies come its me you should worry about not them. They dont have guns and ammo.