Army Killed New Carbine Because It Wasn’t Twice As Reliable As Current M4 - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Army Killed New Carbine Because It Wasn’t Twice As Reliable As Current M4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2397 Times on 1555 Posts

Having not served, feel free to correct me. Ideal carbine: 5.56 bullpup with good trigger, integral low maintenance suppressor so our people won't go deaf, 50 round or so magazine. With today's technology, why is something like this so hard and or expensive?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #62

Liked 4714 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Having not served, feel free to correct me. Ideal carbine: 5.56 bullpup with good trigger, integral low maintenance suppressor so our people won't go deaf, 50 round or so magazine. With today's technology, why is something like this so hard and or expensive?
I like it... but... The "good trigger" and "good balance" are prerequisites for any rifleman who's packed one for a living and some fairly smart folks have tried. Unfortunately the keep coming up short.

Tack

Old 06-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #63

Liked 214 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Sounds like a good idea on the surface, but the haphazard trigger linkages usually stops the idea in it's tracks. All of us would like to have a 20" barrel in the same package a 16 inch barrel takes. Maybe one day. Might even be someone on this forum that pulls it off. I have fired a couple, and the ergonomics would take getting use to, but I think most of us could adapt. The idea of taking a 20 inch barrel bullpup into battle is intriguing. Imagine having a rifle you can go into close quarters, yet take the long shot when needed.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-18-2013, 03:25 AM   #64

Liked 4714 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

Of the many BP's I've tried, only the PS 90 even attempts to address the balance problem with it's top mount mag distributing the weight a bit better that conventional BP's... But like all BP's, this one also fails in the trigger department.

Tack

Old 06-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #65

Liked 214 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Of the many BP's I've tried, only the PS 90 even attempts to address the balance problem with it's top mount mag distributing the weight a bit better that conventional BP's... But like all BP's, this one also fails in the trigger department.

Tack
I don't think the trigger issue will ever be completely solved with the BP's. I am sure those troops in countries where that is the main issue assault rifle just learn to adapt. There must be some niche it fills in order for them to be still rolling off the assembly line. I just honestly don't think we will see it used by US ground troops.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin