Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Arizona AR15 questions:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yeah, anything worth having is mega bucks. The guy I mentioned earlier cashed out a CD that was supposed to be for his kids' college fund and bought a stripped M16A1 lower for $14,000. Now, I would love to have an M16, and have been known to "re-allocate funds" to buy gun stuff, but even I told him that was a little over the top! His excuse was that it was an "investment".

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 06-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
Yeah, anything worth having is mega bucks. The guy I mentioned earlier cashed out a CD that was supposed to be for his kids' college fund and bought a stripped M16A1 lower for $14,000. Now, I would love to have an M16, and have been known to "re-allocate funds" to buy gun stuff, but even I told him that was a little over the top! His excuse was that it was an "investment".
*shaking head and whistling* That is just plain crazy man. I had no idea they were that much money. That guy gnoll who was on here for a while was making it sound like AZ was the place I need to be... but not at those prices... LOL

A less scrupulious fellow could machine some parts in a well heeled garage shop and make some serious coin....

Thanks for the intel...

JD