Ares Armor Harpe upper
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ares Armor Harpe upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 04:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ares Armor Harpe upper

So I've been searching the forum and scouring the web and I have yet to find a thorough review on the Ares Armor Harpe upper. I've recently come across someone willing to sell me their complete brand new rifle (disassembled) from Ares Armor for quite a bit cheaper than buying it in store. I had originally planned buying an Adams Arms 16.5 inch C.O.R. piston upper but being on a budget I would have no issue buying the Harpe upper, yet I'm quite hesitant due to the fact that I can't find an in depth review on it. Does anyone own one or know anyone who owns one? Any input on this upper would be appreciated. Thank you

Heres the link to the upper I would be buying.

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/aa_BAupper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5745 Times on 3001 Posts
Likes Given: 380

meh. your paying full rifle prices for a lot of junk that does nothing.

get a bcm upper or a midwest industries billet upper or a rra if your looking for laser beam accuracy.

if you want a no bs gotowar upper get a bcm bfh upper bcm gunfighter charging handle and bcm bcg. bout half of the cost of an ares hyp...err harpe upper and you wont have to wait 9 months. it will be in the mail the day you order or next business day. if you have ANY issues their service is no bs and stupid fast. most people seldom wait more than a week after it arrives at bcm before its headed back if service is needed.

HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend bravo company products

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Upper-Receiver-Groups-s/1.htm

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 07-30-2014 at 07:42 PM.
fsted2a Likes This 
Old 08-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #3

Liked 224 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 308

I haven't heard of this company other than CNN where they were letting people off the street use their CNC machines to make their own off the books receivers. For what they are wanting for just the upper, I could build the entire rifle and make a profit. I suggest a BCM upper instead. One of the top 2 in the industry and you will be much happier with the gun.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 36

$600 is a fair price on that upper.

The problem is, Ares isn't a very good company to deal with in my experience. Their product quality is okay...but they take your money, and you get your mechandise whenever they feel inclined to send it to you. And that might be this time next year. Yes, literally. I recently cancelled an order with them 6-8 months after they charged me. It took that long.

For $600, you'll do best with BCM or PSA. Right now BCM is offering free BCG & Comp ($200 upgrade) with their uppers. You just can't beat that.