Ares Armor
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ares Armor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default Ares Armor

Anyone getting anything from these guys? I ordered a 3 pack of Troy Battle mags back on Feb 3 when they showed "in stock." They haven't responded to emails about status. I mean, I've seen the battle mags on the shelf other places now for weeks, if not months. It'd be nice to at least hear from them if nothing else. My patience is about all used up. This is one reason I don't like buying from the little guys that aren't local.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
CGS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Never heard of them. Did they charge your credit card yet? If so, contact your bank and get a refund. Heck if they won't even reply to your emails, it's time to move along.

The battle mags are freely flowing again for about $13 a piece.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 08-05-2013, 03:51 AM   #3

Liked 575 Times on 307 Posts

These shady ass people at Ares! There have been numerous threads on them. I have had a bad experience ,as well as my friends, mainly with their 80%. I live 45 minutes away from them so I went in the store to make things right. They always play the back order game, charge you up front, and never communicate. In every thread about these guys I have told people to stay away from them. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to read it. I know from my sources, local manufacturers, that they were shut down temporarily for shady 80% manufacturing and are supposedly under new management.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #4

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

They told me they would give me store credit for never getting my mags. Turns out somehow they can't put store credit on my web account and I have to make a phone order. Guess who never answers their phones or returns calls?

Old 08-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco
They told me they would give me store credit for never getting my mags. Turns out somehow they can't put store credit on my web account and I have to make a phone order. Guess who never answers their phones or returns calls?
They got their scam down! Shady!

Old 08-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Please avoid dealing with Ares. I ordered from them and was charged at the date the order was placed. What I was ordering appeared to be live stock. But then if you dig deep enough into their website, you arrive at a page that essentially says, "you get it when you get it, tough sh!t". After 6 months of zero results or communication I demanded a refund. To their credit, they were good for it. Make no mistake, they're not a 'scam' company...just one with slow service and lousy communication, ala "RGuns".

I recommend dealing with someone else. I won't make the mistake of dealing with Ares again.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Please avoid dealing with Ares. I ordered from them and was charged at the date the order was placed. What I was ordering appeared to be live stock. But then if you dig deep enough into their website, you arrive at a page that essentially says, "you get it when you get it, tough sh!t". After 6 months of zero results or communication I demanded a refund. To their credit, they were good for it. Make no mistake, they're not a 'scam' company...just one with slow service and lousy communication, ala "RGuns".

I recommend dealing with someone else. I won't make the mistake of dealing with Ares again.
Well, hindsight is usually 20/20. Pathetic loosers do business like this.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco
They finally returned my email with that same BS story. Here's what the first response said;

"We do not have an ETA on battle mags. Would you like to switch to something in stock. I do not have the authority to refund. Please let me know if this is something you would like to do. "

I responded that they have nothing in stock that I either need or want, so they could either process a refund or I could do it from my end with a simple call to the card issuer. They then sent this;

"In order to expedite your request, we have adapted a 'Policy Exemption Request Form' to streamline the process for you. Please understand, due to numerous failed attempts at fraud; this process and form was created to both decrease wait times for responses to agreed upon policy exemption requests and protect our customers from fraudulent activity. (There has been multiple attempts from 3rd parties to cancel orders that are not belonging to the requester and receive funds that is not belonging to them.)

If we find that you are attempting to cancel an order that you did not place and fraudulently receive funds or product from that order we will forward your information to the proper authorities.

Important Steps to Follow:
Please go to the link I have provided: http://aresarmor.com/store/media/ecom/images/Form-PERF-v2.pdf
Complete the Policy Exemption Request Form.
Attach necessary documents required. Unfortunately incomplete forms cannot be processed.
Submit completed form and attached documents to: request@aresarmor.com or mail to: Attn: Policy Exemption Request, Ares Armor, 208 N Freeman St, Oceanside, CA 92054.

Please note the completion of this process is to request a policy exemption evaluation and does not guarantee a refund will be provided. Complete requests will be reviewed the Friday and Saturday of each week.

Thank you for your patience as we work to process your request.
Have a great day.

Respectfully,

Ares Armor Customer Service Team
(760)650-2737

Ticket: "

So basically, they are accusing those they send this form to of trying to get a refund of things they didn't buy. Real good way to continue ****ting all over what customers you may have left. Morons

Old 08-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #9

That's their M.O, make up B.S excuses for crap service

Old 08-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

I say screw them and file with your credit card company. How much did they charge you for the 3-Pack?

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.