Ares Armor
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ares Armor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1029 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Default Ares Armor

So a few weeks ago, I ordered an 80% lower from Ares Armor. Of course, everything is sold out, fine, I'lll wait. BUT, they charged my CC right away! I thought this was generally considered unacceptable. No update on their website about when anything will be available, and no replies to my 2 E-mails. NOT confidence-inspiring. I have no issue waiting, but need to hear from them about why the charge so early. Anyone have any experience with them? I'd hate to complain to my CC company, get my money back, and loose the lower.......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't do business with a company that charged my cc and then back ordered the merchandise.

Winston Churchill

Old 01-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #3

Mmmmm, that's what I'm thinking. Although, I knew it was backordered before I ordered it. Just a question of them charging it too soon.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:14 AM   #4

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Ares armor is about 1 hour drive from here. I've purchased more than a few things from them. Dimitri is a real nice guy and I've spent a bit of time swapping stories with him. I've had nothing but great experiences with them and they have a pretty rep on calguns.net. But they are a small shop. Never seen more than 3 people working there at any given time.

As for the 80% lowers, I haven't purchased any from him but I've seen a lot of threads concerning their dilemma on calguns. Apparent they just got slammed but crazy amounts of orders and then got sucker punched with shipment delays. Since you used your credit card I'd honestly just start a chargeback with them if you are really worried. If you are not, and can wait a bit, just wait it out, they will make good.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #5

Ah, well that makes me feel a little better. Again, it's not about the waiting, or even the $100, really. I suppose I could wait it out, and at some point in the future, get my money back if it goes to hell. I wonder how long one can wait to do that? Have to call the CC people today.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #6

Today I finally got around to E-mailing them to cancel that order. I got tired of waiting, and they don't seem to want to keep in touch about their progress. Before either one of us forgot, you know?
I am very annoyed, I ordered this thing at the beginning of the year, and have only got 1 unsolicited E-mail from them to try to keep me up to date. I understand it's hard nowadays with people ordering so much stuff, but come on! You want to take my order, and charge me WHEN IT SHIPS, fine, take all the time you want. Otherwise, ship me my crap, or keep me very in the loop. To their credit, they got back to me today already. I guess they're working Sundays.....

Old 05-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #7

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get your everything back asap. Can't believe you're still waiting on an order from january.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #8

I'm betting something fell through the cracks. Oh well. I have already bought a complete AR, and don't want to go through the hassle of machining a lower right now, anyway. Maybe if in the future they're available right then.........

Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #9

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Good excuse to buy a drill press though...

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 05-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I ordered a 3 pack of troy battle mags from them several months ago, and just like you I've had one unsolicited email from them saying they are still on backorder. I'm past loosing my patience on these. Every other supplier has received all mags back into stock and been selling for a month now. And they charged me immediately as well. It seems as if Ares is the only company that isn't getting any stock in, which makes me wonder what they really have "on order" vs what they were trying to get people to pay hysteria prices for and wait for the stuff to come back down before buying.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr