Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Ardel Engineering Stripped Lower Receiver, $74.95 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ardel-engineering-stripped-lower-receiver-74-95-a-29804/)

canebrake 07-29-2010 04:18 AM

Ardel Engineering Stripped Lower Receiver, $74.95

1 Attachment(s)
Ardel Engineering Stripped Lower Receiver, $74.95

I know nothing about this mfg. Anyone have any input?

The price is right for a entry level build.

Ardel Engineering stripped lower - MidwestHuntersOutlet.com

hunter Joe 07-29-2010 05:02 PM

Man Cane that's a really good price. It's hard to tell the quality from the picture but my RRA stripped lower wasn't of any better quality that the one I just purchase from one of our members on the forum for about $50.00 less.

When it comes to anything firearm related it hard for me to buy something without touching it first, although, I believe that Midway USA also had lowers on sale and with Midway you should be able to count on some recourse is not completely satisfied.

canebrake 08-08-2010 06:28 PM

Notice!!!

I just got a heads up on the quality of this lower.

NOT GOOD!

The quote from an insider: "Having seen the manufacturing process and quality control (insert giggle here), I would much rather spend the few extra dollars for a DPMS lower or another more proven low cost manufacturer."

Thanks for the warning..............you know who you are.

Kudos to the FTF community! God I love this place!!!!!

GunNut 11-20-2010 03:04 PM

I just bought one of these and assembled a lower using DPMS parts and Magpul lower trigger guard, MAID grip and CTR commercial stock with a UTR tube and lock washer. Once assembled I offer it is better than my Armalite for fit and finish. Better parts fit and more defined trigger, safety and take down retainer pin fit. Everything fits and works well.

Then there is the company itself; if you take time to go look them up their company profile reads like this:

Ardel Engineering and Manufacturing, Inc. is a precision cnc machining, swiss screw turning, wire edm cutting and assembly facility. Focusing on close tolerance parts for the medical and aerospace industries. Our ISO certifications along with over 40 years of experience show Ardel Engineering can handle your project.

Whne you read the website you are left with the impression this is an experienced and well sought after company so i do not understand where "NOT GOOD" comes from or what it is based on. And the company is located in Minneapolis St Paul Minneaplois pretty close to DPMS in St Cloud. WHen I bought this one the FFL had a DPMS and i compared them to each other and could not detect much difference other than the factory marking.

russ 11-20-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USNCDR (Post 389334)
I just bought one of these and assembled a lower using DPMS parts and Magpul lower trigger guard, MAID grip and CTR commercial stock with a UTR tube and lock washer. Once assembled I offer it is better than my Armalite for fit and finish. Better parts fit and more defined trigger, safety and take down retainer pin fit. Everything fits and works well.

Then there is the company itself; if you take time to go look them up their company profile reads like this:

Ardel Engineering and Manufacturing, Inc. is a precision cnc machining, swiss screw turning, wire edm cutting and assembly facility. Focusing on close tolerance parts for the medical and aerospace industries. Our ISO certifications along with over 40 years of experience show Ardel Engineering can handle your project.

Whne you read the website you are left with the impression this is an experienced and well sought after company so i do not understand where "NOT GOOD" comes from or what it is based on. And the company is located in Minneapolis St Paul Minneaplois pretty close to DPMS in St Cloud. WHen I bought this one the FFL had a DPMS and i compared them to each other and could not detect much difference other than the factory marking.

That's good. First hand experience with a product is always a plus.

As a quality control person that works in aerospace manufacturing, I will say that the amount of difference it would take to make one lower slip together like butter and the other need a 4 lb. sledge to go together is not something you could see. Literally the thickness of a piece of paper or a human hair (about .003"-.004") is equivalent to a mile in the precision machining world.