AR45-Anyone else seen these?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR45-Anyone else seen these?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Default AR45-Anyone else seen these?

Well I read about this AR45 on www.cncguns.com and this guy makes a lower that accepts the old "grease gun" magazines(45acp) that are still quite available and hold 30rds. I got really interested in them until I got on the forum he has,and saw how long it has taken some of the guys to get these lowers,and they aren't cheap either. He doesn't finish the lowers himself,sells them as paperweights,and has a FFL licensed machinist finish them if you don't have someone that can do it.
I really like what he has done because I have never cared for the setup that Olympic uses with their lowers. It is just hard to cough up over $400 for a completely machined lower/stripped,and then still have to deal with an Olympic 45acp upper.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

What's the question Tx? Are you asking if someone here would pay that money?

What is the knock against the Olympic Arms?

Are you looking for an AR variant that will accept the .45 caliber? Does it have to be an AR?

Have you seen the TDI Kriss Super V

Takes Glock pistol mags

State of the art recoil system

The perfect urban CQB weapon

tdi-vector.jpg  

Old 02-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Hey J.D.,I'm sure it would be worth the money,if that's what you want but I have other things that I could buy/pay for. It is a really neat lower that Justin came up with,I think he should look into getting a FFL and complete what he has started.But he is farming it out to others,and that takes even more time for machining and then off to get coated by someone else.
As far as Olympic goes,I have never been too impressed by their products and from what I've heard their customer service dept. ranks right up there with Taurus. Right now nobody can even get a 45acp upper from them because of the election issue.
I was just wondering if anybody else here had seen these or maybe had/or were getting one. I'm in no way putting this product down,but when you see that those that have ordered one have had to wait the amount of time that they have(Most of the orders were early 2008 and they don't have them yet),it makes you think about something else.

Lifetime Member-
NRA

Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovice View Post
I noticed that you complained about Olympic Arms ARs... you DO know that only a few companies ACTUALLY manufacture the parts themselves, right?

there's virtually no difference among them. They're built using the same plans.

of course, there's an endless list of companies that simply join uppers and lowers, add a stock, stamp their name on it, and sell it. There's a profit to be had in that business alone. But don't be fooled by someone who claims that their rifle is superior to others built with the same setup. There are different options that improve quality, but if all options match... it's the same damn rifle. It's like pitting a GMC against a Chevy.

customer service is an entirely different thing. if you have a problem, you want to be sure that you can get it rectified without pulling teeth and using bamboo shoots. but if the damn thing shoots good, who the hell cares who sold it to you?
I'm sure/hope that the quality of Olympics products have increased since I last had one(10-15yrs ago),but everyone that had one back then had problem after problem with an Olympic AR,and once I get a lemon it usually means I will go elsewhere for what I need. And yes I know that there are only a handful of companies that completely build 100% of their products in house,but in todays economy thats what is expected for a lower priced product by the consumer.

Lifetime Member-
NRA