Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > ar15 trigger???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ar15 trigger???

I'm starting an AR

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Unless you're gonna plant your ass at a bench and shoot for max 100+yd finite precision, the trigger is often an overthought and overrated aspect of the AR-15. The barrel and BCG are what generally matter most. That's what can make or break your rifle IMO. For many shooters/builders, the trigger is competing with optics and furniture for third place on the priority scale.

There are $50 triggers that make perfect sense for some, and $250 options that are ideal for others. I have one premium $200 trigger, but generally value the $50 variety (ALG QMS) for most applications.

Sort out what you want your rifle to do for you, and the trigger question will simplify itself.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #3

Liked 106 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 132

+1 on the ALG

If I write a post and it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what's best for you, it's because I write like crap.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 11-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 209 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 63

+2 on the ALG Combat

Old 11-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #5

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What's the real main differences between the QMS and Combat triggers

Work Hard Play Hard

Last edited by BigBizz87; 11-06-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

For the money and for a fine trigger Rock River 2 Stage NM Trigger.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 11-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBizz87 View Post
What's the real main differences between the QMS and Combat triggers
The QMS is tuned and is more smooth than most combat triggers. I use them in my builds that don't get Geissele or Timney triggers. Check the website for details on the differences over stock triggers.

http://www.algdefense.com/

I have 3lb and 4lb Timneys but have been using a Geissele SSA for a awhile now and that trigger is really growing on me! I wasn't sure about the SSA at first compared to the Tinmey but the more I use it, the more I think I'm starting to prefer the SSA. Really want to try an SSA-E.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by ZeusEcho; 11-07-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #8

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEcho View Post

The QMS is tuned and is more smooth than most combat triggers. I use them in my builds that don't get Geissele or Timney triggers. Check the website for details on the differences over stock triggers.

http://www.algdefense.com/

I have 3lb and 4lb Timneys but have been using a Geissele SSA for a awhile now and that trigger is really growing on me! I wasn't sure about the SSA at first compared to the Tinmey but the more I use it, the more I think I'm starting to prefer the SSA. Really want to try an SSA-E.
I should have been more specific my bad I ment the 2 triggers offered by ALG the QMS and ACT.

The real differences between them cause what's on there website reads damn near identical.

But thanks for the quality info.

Work Hard Play Hard

Old 11-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBizz87 View Post
I should have been more specific my bad I ment the 2 triggers offered by ALG the QMS and ACT.

The real differences between them cause what's on there website reads damn near identical.

But thanks for the quality info.
Oh gotcha...the ACT is Hardlubed with either Nickel Boron or Teflon while the QMS is not. Other than that I believe they are the same trigger.

I don't have experience with the ACT so I can't say if it's better then the QMS.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 11-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

Personally I would not buy a Geissele trigger if it were the last one available. He is an arrogant sarcastic old A**! I refuse to do business with less than profesional people!
I will share a story with you!
This year I was at Camp Perry at the National Matches helping a friend and well known AR Manufacturer since there had been a death of one of the owners. They had called and I was teaching in the area so I went to help for several days. A customer came in and wanted a NM Rifle which was great since we sold around 250 of them while I was there. The customer was having a little delay on his paperwork and advised me that as soon as he got the OK he was going down to Geissele's to have a trigger put in. So as a favor the customer I advised him that while he was waiting if he wanted to I would walk with him down to Geissele's to save him some time and he could have his trigger put in. And by the time we got back his paperwork should be completed. He advised that would be great!
So we went down to the building for him to have his trigger put in. As I walked in with his rifle there was a lady in the store a young man and an older man setting at a table installing triggers. Not knowing at the time it was Geissele himself. I said Hi to them as I walked in and asked them how business was going. The lady responded as well as the young man. The old man kind of looked up and grumbled something unaudible. The customer advised he was wanting his trigger put in that he had previously spoken to them about and I had been kind enought to bring it down due to him still waitning on his paperwork. The customer also purchased several shirts and hats and had his trigger put in. Paid for it and we started walking out of the store. I advised them to have a good day and hoped sales would be great for the competition. The old man once again looked up saying nothing! As we went out the door the customer with me turned to the old man and stated. Oh I am sorry I need my orignianl chrome lined two stage trigger back. With that the old man stated "What for? "For a Boat Anchor"? I wanted to respond and blast his crothety old A**. But in an attempt to be profesional I just gritted my teeth and left with the customer who thanked me for my time and putting up with the unprofessional smart A** remark. So in closing never new the old man before but being in the weapons business for years and having a philosophy of onely dealing with professional people. He would be the last person I would ever do business with now and in the future.
People like him do not need to be in business let alone successful!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 11-07-2013 at 09:56 PM.