Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR15 problems please Help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar15-problems-please-help-77240/)

toxicthrash 11-27-2012 10:58 PM

My new AR 15 only shot 60 rounds Winchester.55gr. Was having some extraction isues but resolved problem with new extractor spring kit. And polished my feeding ramp. Now extracts perfecr. But now the problem is the gun wont fire. I loaded 10 rounds of pmc 55 gr. And nothin gun just went click.. I tried my lower reciver ans bolt with charging handle on my friends upper it works perfect so that means its my upper right? Please help me out. I want my gun to fire perfect thanx
I apologize for the previous edit i didnt realize what i did.

jjfuller1 11-27-2012 11:08 PM

welcome...have you taken it apart yet? if yes, did you put it back together properly? do any of the trigger, hammer springs look busted? or maybe the disconnector is out of spec. have you tried contacting the company for warrenty work?

pics would be helpful. be sure to swing by the intro page as well to tell us about yourself.

kytowboater 11-27-2012 11:22 PM

Keep your posts one one thread. In the AR-15 section. We don't need 15 million different threads. Reporting this one for removal.

Scorpion 11-27-2012 11:38 PM

What you have here is a failure to fire malfunction.

Is there an indentation on the primer?

Is the lower receiver factory assembled? Look inside it. Are the hammer spring legs on TOP of the trigger pin?

Is the firing pin too short, or broken? Is the retaining pin holding the firing pin in the firing pin chamber, and is the firing pin chamber clean?

Go through when you get a chance and check for each of these. Unless I missed something, nothing else in the upper receiver, short of the bolt not closing on the chamber, would cause the rifle not to fire.

okdonk 11-27-2012 11:55 PM

You don't need to post the same thread everywhere. Just one in one category will do.
Just saying..

gunnut07 11-27-2012 11:56 PM

Did you remember to put the firing pin back in the bolt carrier after replacing the extractor?

Jpyle 11-28-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnut07 (Post 1029754)
Did you remember to put the firing pin back in the bolt carrier after replacing the extractor?

I was going to ask that same question...:p

robocop10mm 11-28-2012 12:57 AM

How about the firing pin retaining pin. If it is in incorrectly it will block the firing pin and cause a FTF situation. That one is easy to do accidentally

toxicthrash 11-30-2012 12:30 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hey guys just wanted to update you on my AR 15 , and to answer some ? Yes i did remember to put firing pin back in , and i assembled the lower my self., ... I polished the feeding ramp and polished out part of the extractor areas. . I think my issue was that the carrier group wasnt locking into place. I had a friend take a look at it and he fixed the issue.now Im going to try it out on Saturday to see if it fires. Wish me luck..

Attachment 72173

Attachment 72174

Attachment 72175

Attachment 72176

Attachment 72177

Scorpion 11-30-2012 12:50 AM

How did he fix the issue?

Your lower receiver assembly is good.

Go test the rifle first to be sure. Make sure you have plenty of lubricant on the bolt carrier group.

EDIT: I just noticed you have a carbine lower and a 20-inch upper. That might cause an issue.

The carbine's action spring is stronger than that of a rifle action spring, and the closest buffer (that little rattling thing in the receiver extension (buffer tube)) to a rifle buffer is an H2 buffer. You might need to change out some parts to get that rifle functioning normally.