You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

AR15: parents don't want one, say its a "machine gun"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Here's a link to an ad for a machine gun. The decimal point gets moved to the right one place for it vs an AR-15.

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&sessio n_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_for mat=long&db_id=14329&query=retrieval

BTW - Machine guns are legal in Georgia. So are silencers. I'll be at Creekside this Sat. exercising both, come on out & join the fun.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #12

I think you should be honest and say that you've shown them that you're responsible enough to build it, based on owning the others you have.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks View Post
There's a GANG of people who should not own an AR-15!!! I'm not suggesting you're one, but again, there's a GANG of people who should not own an AR-15!!! Problem is........who decides and what's the criteria? I spent 67-71 as Sergeant in the Marines so I consider myself very qualified. STILL, I know a GANG of guys at the VFW who are mentally, socially, incomptetent. When I used to shot at the range in Cleveland, I'd say 50% of the people there had no business possessing firearms. Out here in the country, the folks are MUCH more qualified and the local gun club doesn't take crap from it's members. SOOOO, when you get your own place you'll relish the privilidge of making your own rules. Until then.................I won't even say it!
My parents know that i'm trustworthy and can handle firearms. I've shot pretty much everything smaller then a .50 cal in pistols, rifles, and shotguns. I've actually been told i'm more responsible then my stepdad by an instructor out at the local shooting range.

I'm going to try and have a sit down and talk to them the next time my step-dad is home from work at a relatively early time.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #14

There's really only one purpose for an AR-15 and that's to kill people. My Rem 700 BDL w/Leupold scope chambered for .308 will shot circles around my AR. Join the Marines, they'll issue you a full-auto version, allow you to sleep with it, and ship you off to a far way destination where killing folks yah don't even know is encouraged and rewarded. When you come home, you'll know if you need one, are capable of using it, and if the world will somehow be a better place with one in your hands.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by junho806 View Post
well i was speaking for Georgia here which isn't Texas
our laws are stricter than yours
and i guess i should have chosen my words better when i read it now it doesn't make sense
if you look at what was in parenthesis which encapsulated all the jazz about getting paper work done and paying lots of money
the whole special case and regulations part i mean...
sorry for the confusion
I'm also speaking for Georgia, and it is absolutely legal to own a "machine gun" here. Same rules as the guy from Texas mentioned.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #16

Quote:
There's really only one purpose for an AR-15 and that's to kill people. My Rem 700 BDL w/Leupold scope chambered for .308 will shot circles around my AR. Join the Marines, they'll issue you a full-auto version, allow you to sleep with it, and ship you off to a far way destination where killing folks yah don't even know is encouraged and rewarded. When you come home, you'll know if you need one, are capable of using it, and if the world will somehow be a better place with one in your hands.
Are you smoking crack? What makes the AR special? The 700 is based off of a bunch of different bolt action rifles built for the military to kill people more efficiently. With your logic, the 700 only has one purpose and that's to kill people.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #17

Quote:
There's a GANG of people who should not own an AR-15!!! I'm not suggesting you're one, but again, there's a GANG of people who should not own an AR-15!!! Problem is........who decides and what's the criteria? I spent 67-71 as Sergeant in the Marines so I consider myself very qualified. STILL, I know a GANG of guys at the VFW who are mentally, socially, incomptetent. When I used to shot at the range in Cleveland, I'd say 50% of the people there had no business possessing firearms. Out here in the country, the folks are MUCH more qualified and the local gun club doesn't take crap from it's members. SOOOO, when you get your own place you'll relish the privilidge of making your own rules. Until then.................I won't even say it!
There's a GANG of people that shouldn't be allowed to use anything even kind of pointy!!!!! There is also a GANG of people that shouldn't be allowed to use the intrawebz!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 4117 Times on 2103 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Show your parents you are responsible enough to own an AR-15. Find someone who owns one and learn about it. Go to the range and shoot it until you are fairly proficient. Invite one or both of your parents to the range to give them a demo of the gun and your abilities with it.

If all else fails, respect their wishes. It is their house and their rules. Once you are on your own and have your own place, you can do as you wish. Even if you consider them to be closed minded and basically wrong, it is still their house.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckA View Post
I'm also speaking for Georgia, and it is absolutely legal to own a "machine gun" here. Same rules as the guy from Texas mentioned.
again...i reiterate...
i used the wrong words
i meant the "average" civilian can't just get a machine gun without some trouble
lots of money and paperwork are required
shouldn't have put the "legally" there

Last edited by junho806; 12-10-2008 at 09:03 PM.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #20

Poor Richard once told us that "Force ****es on Reasons back". Seems like no matter how much you try to reason with them their ignorance prevails. Like it or not, unless you move out and/or enlist you won't be posessing an AR.