Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR15 Lower assembly question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default AR15 Lower assembly question

Well. I just finished up my lower receiver except for the stock. Everything went smooth, I used a RRA LPK, RGuns lower receiver, and the instructions page from AR15.com. I was surprised by how easy it was. I got a pin punch set per Dillinger (made the job a lot easier) and a padded card table from walmart. The instructions mention getting a piece of wood for the trigger guard install, it is usefull and the thickness should be 3/8s of an inch. I also recommend electrical tape to protect the receivers finish during some of the steps. Other then that the parts list is complete the instructions were pretty good. Next step is to find upper parts. I'm thinking a nice 20 inch barrel so I can see how accurate I can get it.

Thanks

Chuck

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Good job Chuck.
Now comes the tough part. I finished my lower about two months ago, and as of yesterday was told I have another month at least to wait for the upper.
AHHHHHHHH

Old 04-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well done Chuck - And proof yet again that your average person can build, and maintain, one of these guns. Anybody can do this if they set their mind to it and aren't afraid to try.

A 20" bull barrel is a good choice. Should give you a real accurate shooter for 500 to 600 yards. Plenty of range to reach out and zap some Space Zombies.

Get yourself a good quality fore end, one that free floats the barrel, and some good optics, you should be set.....

Welcome to the SUR Family!

JD

Old 04-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry about the title. I did have a question when I started the post but I figured out when I typed it. Anyway, looks like I need to study up on barrels some. I ordered a delton 20inch kit but it is like 4-8 months out so I'm going to see what we have the gun show this weekend. If I find something there I will probably cancel the order. First order of business is to figure out what a bull barrel is and what SUR means

Thanks guys,

Chuck

Old 04-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

SUR = sports utility rifle

Old 04-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Roger that! Thanks!