Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR15 frankenstein (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar15-frankenstein-82986/)

zack02 01-31-2013 04:18 PM

AR15 frankenstein
 
.idk if this is possible to do but what if one were to get a AR15 in the .22 LR and take its lower off and get a 5.56 upper ? Would those two coincide?

GeneralPatton 01-31-2013 05:02 PM

no it won't

Garadex 01-31-2013 05:40 PM

Unless a company specifically says so I don't think it would work without being dangerous.

lbwar15 01-31-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack02
.idk if this is possible to do but what if one were to get a AR15 in the .22 LR and take its lower off and get a 5.56 upper ? Would those two coincide?

Why don't you buy a AR in 5.56? Then buy a .22lc upper for it or a .22lr drop in conversion BCG?

Jpyle 01-31-2013 05:51 PM

A purpose built .22lr like the M&P most likely will not pin to a mil-spec AR upper. If the rifle is built as a conversion the lower should be a standard AR mil-spec receiver. Best to check with the manufacturer since its your face in the danger zone. :)

lbwar15 01-31-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15

Why don't you buy a AR in 5.56? Then buy a .22lc upper for it or a .22lr drop in conversion BCG?

Edit: .22lr upper

ccrow175 01-31-2013 06:13 PM

The gas/buffer system is completely different

Quentin 01-31-2013 08:54 PM

Didn't you ask this in another thread the other day?:confused:

ccrow175 01-31-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 1118189)
Didn't you ask this in another thread the other day?:confused:

I remember reading it too

zack02 02-01-2013 05:41 AM

No not me different guy ..I actually read it right after I made this thread lol but I couldn't figure out how to delete it


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.