Which AR15? Curious as to opinions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Which AR15? Curious as to opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #1

Default Which AR15? Curious as to opinions

I have been looking at picking up another AR15 rifle. I have the Bushmaster 7inch A2, but i am wanting to go with a more full size M4 style rifle. I scratched Olympic Arms off of my list of possibilities because their guns are crap. Was looking at the Rock River Arms Elite, but christ, really cant spend $3,000 bucks right now on a rifle. Was going to go with another Bushmaster when Armalite caught my eye. I think if i had the money i would definitely go with the Rock River, but its no an option, i could go with a lesser model but why do that? Bushmaster is tried and true, but the Armalite still keeps drawing me back. I will have to handle the options again and see what I think before i make my selection, but input is always nice.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Lewis Machine Tool builds an outstanding rifle from my understanding. They will not sell you a complete rifle though for whatever reason . You have to buy it as an upper and lower. Stag is tops for the price range. I ordered a Stag upper to put on my Bushmaster lower recently, and if I knew then what I know now I would have saved myself some money and passed on the Colt for a Stag. The quality of my Stag upper is superior to my Colt 6520.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Do you just use your AR15 for target shooting?

Old 04-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #4

actually i am going to be using it for LE purposes. Have several courses back east i need to go through to receive some certs and just looking at picking up something else on top of the Springfield i already have. I was going to snag that Sig 556, but the backorder on it is due for delivery at the Revelation. lol

Old 04-26-2007, 04:32 AM   #5

I ended up picking up the Armalite AR-15 with the OD green collapsible stock. I will get a quad rail setup and run all my mods on it, its a nice gun, glad i went with it.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:09 AM   #6

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm an Armalite factory trained AR15 armorer. You should feel quite comfortable with your choice, they are a quality weapon. Rock River Arms are also at the top of my list of favorite AR15's.

Donnie

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Old 07-07-2007, 07:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
I have been looking at picking up another AR15 rifle. I have the Bushmaster 7inch A2, but i am wanting to go with a more full size M4 style rifle.
Get a gas piston Bushmaster.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." -- Thomas Jefferson