Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR15 Choice (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar15-choice-88094/)

Jagermeister 04-03-2013 05:27 PM

AR15 Choice

2 Attachment(s)
I am going to the US military rod and gun club tomorrow to see if they can order an America AR15. I like the Colt LE6920MP-FDE (bottom) and the S&W Model M&P15 MOE Mid MAGPUL SPEC SERIES (top). I am very familiar with Colt. Which rifle would you recommend?

AgentTikki 04-03-2013 05:53 PM

Either way looks like a winner to me. Im leaning toward the mid-length gas S&W but the Colt's a winner too. In this market finding one at a good price is tuff.

purehavoc 04-03-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki (Post 1201800)
Either way looks like a winner to me. Im leaning toward the mid-length gas S&W but the Colt's a winner too. In this market finding one at a good price is tuff.

IM a big fan of the mid length gas system also , I have owned pistol length, carbine, mid length and Rifle length , toss up on those 2 both are great rifles

Quentin 04-03-2013 11:45 PM

I've got to agree with the above. Limited to those two I'd get the Colt but prefer midlength gas on a 16" barrel. My solution was to go with AR builds using BCM, Daniel Defense and PSA midlength uppers. Have you thought of going the build route? That is if you can gather together the right parts today.

kbd512 04-04-2013 12:47 AM

Can't go wrong with a Colt carbine, but the mid-length gas systems are smoother to shoot.

The Colt AR-15 is about as "American" and "mil-spec" as AR's get.

What do you want from your carbine?

Jake86 04-04-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 1202155)
I've got to agree with the above. Limited to those two I'd get the Colt but prefer midlength gas on a 16" barrel. My solution was to go with AR builds using BCM, Daniel Defense and PSA midlength uppers. Have you thought of going the build route? That is if you can gather together the right parts today.

Jager has stated that he may only purchase a complete rifle, as he is a resident of Deutschland....

fsted2a 04-08-2013 08:13 PM

Colt. They retain their re-sale better.

bluez 04-08-2013 08:26 PM

I know Colt has a lot of fans but that MP15 Magpul MOE Smith and Wesson is aweome.

The midlenght gas system, the serrated magazine front for grip, the flared magazine well and the beautiful enlarged and integrated trigger well clinches i tfor me.,
traditionally Colt has had better barrels than Smith but the mid length MP15 MOE has the 4150 barrel like the Colt ( the carbine length MP15 interestingly only has the 4140 barrel)

PS: I own this particular Smith model and have used Colt products in the army which I also respect) but with a 16 inch barrell a mid lenght gas system is simply superior, will run cooler etc

okdonk 04-11-2013 02:17 PM

Parts are coming out recently and so the prices are dropping down too. Go by building route.. you get better quality and branded parts for not much extra cost rather than buying a complete factory. Just saying..
One advice.. once you started to build.. you won't stop :)

purehavoc 04-11-2013 03:11 PM

Being as he is in Germany , building may not be a option or as many options as we have here in the good ol USA :D . The whole import / export is different over there .
It pretty tough to go wrong buying a Colt . Personally there are better choice out there but Im not sure they are available to you over the pond