Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR Weigh in (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-weigh-75672/)

CamoToe1 11-05-2012 03:13 AM

AR Weigh in

1 Attachment(s)
No optics, no light, no mag, 6 lbs 12.2 oz.

What are your opinions on what a fully dressed AR should weigh? How much is too much for a hd/sd/shtf gun?

Post photos and weights if you can. Trying to decide if the air horn and flare gun attachments are worth the extra weight or not...

JonM 11-05-2012 03:37 AM

lighter the better. every ounce should serve a valid function.

kryptar19 11-05-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
lighter the better. every ounce should serve a valid function.

I agree
If you don't clear a house or building on a regular basis you probably don't need a light/laser. Why not just spend that money on more ammo or mags?
If you are not a grenadier you probably don't need a flair launcher. Money that could be used better else where.

Just my opinion...

kryptar19 11-05-2012 05:44 AM

Think about it, in any situation one of the worst things you could need to do is bust in and clear a house. A light laser would just further announce your presence, and anything else would just hurt your ability to maneuver in confined space.
Does a scoped rifle really need a forward grip?
Does a gun with a red dot need a bi-pod?
Do you really need a scope AND red dot on one rifle?
Do you need a bayonet when you have a sidearm?

AgentTikki 11-05-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamoToe1 (Post 1002396)
No optics, no light, no mag, 6 lbs 12.2 oz.

What are your opinions on what a fully dressed AR should weigh? How much is too much for a hd/sd/shtf gun?

Post photos and weights if you can. Trying to decide if the air horn and flare gun attachments are worth the extra weight or not...

Sorry, can't help myself.... I see the toe, where's the camo? O.o

CamoToe1 11-05-2012 01:02 PM

Its just a dumb forum name. Supertacticalsniperarknowitall was taken... I'll change my avatar for ya...

I thought a thread about ar weight would be beneficial and something new, but I guess I should have asked, "what's the best ar for under $1000?"...

ZeusEcho 11-05-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamoToe1 (Post 1002605)
Its just a dumb forum name. Supertacticalsniperarknowitall was taken... I'll change my avatar for ya...

I thought a thread about ar weight would be beneficial and something new, but I guess I should have asked, "what's the best ar for under $1000?"...

Don't change your name or avatar man, gotta love all "toe" :)

It's good idea for a thread. A pic of the whole the rifle and specs on it would be great also. I'll add mine once I have a chance to weigh them.

JTJ 11-05-2012 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine has a 1-4x24 scope with an illuminated 1 moa red dot so I have both in one unit. If the battery fails, the scope still works. I believe in the KISS system. I keep spare batteries and some allens in the pistol grip.

AgentTikki 11-05-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 1002647)
Mine has a 1-4x24 scope with an illuminated 1 moa red dot so I have both in one unit. If the battery fails, the scope still works. I believe in the KISS system. I keep spare batteries and some allens in the pistol grip.

How much does it weigh?

What make model scope and rings?

Specs on ur ar?

AgentTikki 11-05-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamoToe1 (Post 1002605)

Ah I was referencing your toes in the pic with the scale! Just joking around....

No its a valid question, I haven't weighed my ars in a while. I'll post some numbers when I clean them, prolly this weekend. I do have a sneaky suspicion my pistol weighs the most ......