ar upper?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > ar upper??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Casey,

JD had this linked for a while, but check out these two links to DSArms.

DSA barrel for $175

DSArms upper assembly for $275

Keep in mind these do not come with charging handle or bolt carrier group, so not sure if you want to use the ones you have or not.

Slo

Old 10-04-2009, 01:30 AM   #12

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Yeah, that is what I was looking for slowryde45. I have talked to my wife's uncle and he wants a heavy barrel for his M&P 15 so he is going to buy me a barrel and take my hand guard and stock and swap me his hand guard and collapsible stock. So if anyone knows where I can find the best prices on good 16" barrels that are chrome lined I would really appreciate it. I have thought about it and I either want a M4 or a HBar barrel that is the same width all the way through. I would like to find one with the flash suppressor already on it. Whether or not it has a front sight post is irrelevant. I want one, but after I get the optics for it I will purchase the fold down sights for the front and rear. Thanks again for all the help guys. It's awesome to have people that are more knowledgeable than myself at my disposal. And if you were wondering, yes I am going to use you a lot!!! Like that one girl that....nevermind, not appropriate for this site

Old 10-04-2009, 03:43 AM   #13

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

I know that I am wearing you guys out, but I found a Model 1 barrel in .223. I was wondering if anyone had any insight about this brand. I know that they advertise in shotgun news, other than that I am lost. They only want 145 dollars for it and it is a heavy contoured barrel. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again and sorry for being such a pain, I have never had this kind of knowledge at my disposal.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Be prepared for a long wait. My uncle bought one just after our lovely new president got into office. It took six months for him to recieve it. I know the scare is mostly over now but I would bet money that they are still using wait lists. Other than that he said the upper he ordered was well built and peformed admirably.

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
I know that I am wearing you guys out, but I found a Model 1 barrel in .223. I was wondering if anyone had any insight about this brand. I know that they advertise in shotgun news, other than that I am lost. They only want 145 dollars for it and it is a heavy contoured barrel. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again and sorry for being such a pain, I have never had this kind of knowledge at my disposal.
No problem. As for Model 1, as 2Hot has mentioned, there could be a wait. Some are still out 10 weeks. Here's another link you might try. The prices are a little more than that $145, but they are quality brands, and anything you see on this site - if you can see it online, it is IN STOCK.

PK Firearms - barrels

I have purchased from them many times, excellent delivery times and customer service.

Slo

Old 10-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #16

This is worth a look...
DANIEL DEFENSE : AR-15/M16 M4 BARREL -