Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR under 750

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default AR under 750

I'm looking for a decent AR under 750 and was considering a S&W M&P. Beside the fact that it would go good with my M&P9C I heard mostly good things about the M&P ARs. I was wondering if there were any others I may need to consider around the same price range before I buy?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #2

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Check out Rock River Arms and Palmetto State Armory

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-05-2012, 04:29 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Check out Palmetto State Armory. For a little more money you could also look at Bravo Company Manufacturing. Either one you could purchase the upper and lower separately to save a little money. Palmetto sells rifle kits for quite cheap. There is a ton of information online about building 1 from parts. That would save money and give you the opportunity to learn your rifle inside and out.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I live 20 mins from the RRA shop and haven't seen anything in that price range but I'll do some more searching thanks.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:41 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Start here and work your way through the other AR build threads. You should have all the info you need...good luck

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/600-ar-fact-fiction-55961/

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Rock River has a nice Sale going on right now that your local dealer can order or you can get one from Joe Bob's Outfitters and have it transferred through your local dealer for a small fee. They are in stock and will ship within 24 hours.

It's a nice mid-length for $750. Here's the Joe Bob link:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rock_River_Arms_LAR_15_Fall_Special_Midlength_Hand _p/rra-bb1001.htm

Joe Bob's has free shipping on this.

Here's the Rock River link if you want your local Rock River Dealer to order one for you. They're having a couple of different winter sales right now.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id= 543

I have a RRA mid-length that is very accurate and reliable. This one listed needs some iron sights added or a scope setup, but other than that it is ready to go.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 02-05-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Rock River has a nice Sale going on right now that your local dealer can order or you can get one from Joe Bob's Outfitters and have it transferred through your local dealer for a small fee. They are in stock and will ship within 24 hours.

It's a nice mid-length for $750. Here's the Joe Bob link:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rock_River_Arms_LAR_15_Fall_Special_Midlength_Hand _p/rra-bb1001.htm

Joe Bob's has free shipping on this.

Here's the Rock River link if you want your local Rock River Dealer to order one for you. They're having a couple of different winter sales right now.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id= 543

I have a RRA mid-length that is very accurate and reliable. This one listed needs some iron sights added or a scope setup, but other than that it is ready to go.
The RRA linked is a good deal.

We just got these Palmetto State Armory rifles in stock too:

Palmetto State Armory M4 Optics Ready Carbine

They have a mil spec buffer tube, F marked FSP, chrome lined barrel, M16 BCG, etc, etc. They're a pretty well equipped rifle for roughly $100 more than an Oracle or M&P Sport. These are actually in stock and ready to ship. Palmetto is pretty slow to ship generally speaking if you buy direct.

The RRA has the accuracy guarentee and a better trigger, but the Palmetto will be the closest to a civilian M4 you can get for the money most likely (less 3rd burst/14.5" barrel).

New Frontier Armory Lowers-Spike's Tactical-Vortex Optics
Magpul-RRA-YHM-Timney-Ergo Grips-Mueller Optics

Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBobOutfitters View Post
The RRA linked is a good deal.

We just got these Palmetto State Armory rifles in stock too:

Palmetto State Armory M4 Optics Ready Carbine

They have a mil spec buffer tube, F marked FSP, chrome lined barrel, M16 BCG, etc, etc. They're a pretty well equipped rifle for roughly $100 more than an Oracle or M&P Sport. These are actually in stock and ready to ship. Palmetto is pretty slow to ship generally speaking if you buy direct.

The RRA has the accuracy guarentee and a better trigger, but the Palmetto will be the closest to a civilian M4 you can get for the money most likely (less 3rd burst/14.5" barrel).
Damn OP, that's a good deal for $750. All you need is some ammo to be ready to hit the range.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #9

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

You could go that route if you dont want to build it or you could go this route and build your lower your self

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/rifle-kits.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers/psa-ar15-lower.html

Add $55 for a rear BUIS and $14 for a mag and you got a nice rifle for anywhere between $650-$750 depending on the model you choose

Old 02-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #10

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

double post