Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR Triggers, what's your preference ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-triggers-whats-your-preference-21614/)

Larry in SD 12-29-2009 11:19 PM

AR Triggers, what's your preference ?

As I stated in a different post I currently have two AR's, one a 16" Bushmaster M4 ORC and a DPMS Panther Bull 20.

I have a JP Enterprises Adjustable Trigger, Speed Hammer & Springs in my Bushmaster. This trigger is super crisp but a bit heavier than I would like at 4 pounds. According to the instructions that came with the Trigger JP recommends between 1/2 turn to 1 turn of engagement. I set mine up with 1 turn of engagement and as stated it is super crisp, but a bit heavier than I like.

More to the point I have the same JP Enterprises Adjustable Trigger, Speed Hammer & Springs for my DPMS Panther Bull 20, but have not installed it as yet (actually have not taken it out of the package yet).

I read a lot of comments about the Rock River Arms 2 Stage Triggers, especially the tuned version from White Oak Armament. My question is is a Tuned Rock River Arms 2 Stage Trigger get me a better feeling trigger than what I have now? The main uses for this DPMS Panther Bull 20 will be shooting Prairie Dogs and some Coyote Hunting.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Larry

slowryde45 12-30-2009 12:37 AM

I don't usually recommend a trigger lighter than 4 lbs for most folks out there, UNLESS you really know what you are doing. For the majority of folks, anything lighter is an invitation for disaster. But if you feel you need to go lighter than a 4 lb break, I would highly recommend checking out the 3lb trigger from Bill Springfield.

Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net

RRA 2 stage triggers are fine, but Bill Sprinfield, as well as White Oak, routinely take them to the next level, and increase their reliability. If either of the guns you are thinking of putting them in will see heavy use, I do not recommend going to a 2 stage, as you'd be better off to stay with a service trigger with a trigger job.

Slo

Txhillbilly 12-30-2009 01:35 AM

Some people like other triggers in their guns,but the only trigger I will put in any of my AR's is the RRA 2 stage NM. I've heard great things about Mr. Springfield's work along with White Oak,but have just never had the need for anything more than the RRA out of the box in mine.

Highpower 12-30-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry in SD (Post 205810)
I have a JP Enterprises Adjustable Trigger, Speed Hammer & Springs in my Bushmaster. This trigger is super crisp but a bit heavier than I would like at 4 pounds.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Larry

You want the #JPS3.5 reduced power (yellow) spring kit. (3.0 - 3.5 lbs)

RMTactical 12-30-2009 02:00 AM

The RRA trigger is a good one for the money in my experience.

Larry in SD 12-30-2009 04:26 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.

Larry

Gus556 12-30-2009 08:19 PM

I love my RRA NM trigger, breaks crisp and consistantly.

Larry in SD 01-02-2010 04:46 AM

I decided since I had the JP Enterprises Adjustable Trigger, Speed Hammer and Springs I would go ahead and install it rather than trying to sell it and buy something different. It turned out really good at a super crisp 3 1/4 pounds. This being the second JP Enterprises Adjustable Trigger, Speed Hammer & Springs I have installed and tuned it went much better than the first one.

Thanks again guys.

Larry