AR Tiers - Page 26
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR Tiers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #251
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky17 View Post
I say we all meet in the middle of Kansas and shoot the heck out of all of them! Just to be safe though, let's put Bill and Mike at opposite ends of the shooting line.
that's just wrong!but still might be a good idea.

both of them have brought out valid points and reasons for why they think the way they do.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #252

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I bet we could all learn something, I know I would. Probably clear up some misconceptions too.

BTW Ben, I think I've seen your pizza analogy before. If you like pizza that much we'd get along just fine. Course it sounds like we're both big boys so we may need alot of pizza!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #253

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
I bet we could all learn something, I know I would. Probably clear up some misconceptions too.

BTW Ben, I think I've seen your pizza analogy before. If you like pizza that much we'd get along just fine. Course it sounds like we're both big boys so we may need alot of pizza!
In my house, pizza is a food group. I use that commonly because, truthfully, it's the easiest one to get people to comprehend without their heads exploding.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 05-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #254
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
In my house, pizza is a food group. I use that commonly because, truthfully, it's the easiest one to get people to comprehend without their heads exploding.
you mean there's other foods than pizza? tell me it ain't so!

thin crust, pepperoni and mushroom!

Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #255

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

you mean there's other foods than pizza? tell me it ain't so!

thin crust, pepperoni and mushroom!
Any crust sausage and onion. Darn, now I'm hungry and it's too early for lunch!

Old 05-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #256

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt
I probably should add the reason I purchased so many different AR-15 brands is because I wanted to try and determine for myself which one is "better", since I couldn't be convinced any other way. 11 AR-15 rifles, and 5 manufacturers later, along with thousands of rounds of ammunition and quite a few years down the line, I still don't have an accurate answer. I'm still waiting for someone, or something to surface that will spell it out for me. Does my $2,800.00 LWRC look "cooler" than my $780.00 Bushmaster does? It used to before I put the same stock and similar handguards on it. It does clean a whole lot easier. In that regard I guess it was worth it. Like Chandler, my laziness knows no price!
You know what's crazy tho, and I've stated it here before but it bears repeating...

I too have an LWRC...with an $1100 ACOG on top. RCO ARD and flip-up caps. "Coyote tan" or "FDE", or whatever it's called is the color....hell, it's even two tone. Throw in the shiny BCG, and my heart flutters like a couple of 13 year olds after their first kiss. I take it to the range, and for the most part NOBODY has a clue what they are lookin at. Oh, they think it's cool, but not beyond the normal AR "tacticool" level. But, when I pull out that damned AR10....MOBBED! Nothing special either. VLTOR stock, DD lite rail, 4x16 scope.

It escapes me as to why it happens, but it does.

That ArmaLite is a friggin' rock star.....

Goes to show, you can spend a ton of cash on something, and you'll likely be the only one who even knows.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #257

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
But, when I pull out that damned AR10....MOBBED! Nothing special either. VLTOR stock, DD lite rail, 4x16 scope. It escapes me as to why it happens, but it does.
I get people coming over when I light up my DPMS .308 as well. I think it's the noise. They see an AR and they think .22. Then they hear it, and right away it's "What the F*#K was THAT"! It's as if they expected to hear 23 grains of powder light off, not 42.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #258

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt

I get people coming over when I light up my DPMS .308 as well. I think it's the noise. They see an AR and they think .22. Then they hear it, and right away it's "What the F*#K was THAT"! It's as if they expected to hear 23 grains of powder light off, not 42.
That may be it, yeah...mine has the 16 inch bbl, so I think that makes it even louder....

Old 05-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #259
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5740 Times on 3249 Posts
Likes Given: 5177

I always just shake my head and walk away when I see some of the ARs that show up at the range.

Four sided rail, flashlight, floodlight, laser light, front hand grip, 8x-32x scope, 100 round beta drum, Peterbilt mudflaps, raccoon tail on CB antenna, etc etc.

I often wonder if they actually shoot these things.

Winston Churchill

Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #260

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I always just shake my head and walk away when I see some of the ARs that show up at the range.

Four sided rail, flashlight, floodlight, laser light, front hand grip, 8x-32x scope, 100 round beta drum, Peterbilt mudflaps, raccoon tail on CB antenna, etc etc.

I often wonder if they actually shoot these things.
I get a kick out of the guns that are so tricked out with all the doohickeys they can find they need a deuce and a half to get it to the range, they fire twenty rounds, and go home.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?