Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR Tiers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 02:32 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt

Or any part for that matter. This is what makes this whole thing about "which parts are better" so silly. The fact is you can change out an entire AR-15 bolt carrier group in under one minute for less than $150.00. Not that you would ever have to. But the fact remains that in no other military rifle can internal parts be replaced so quickly, easily, and cheaply. And with zero fitting too boot. So honestly WHO THE HELL CARES AND WHY? It's just plain silly. If G.I. Joe wants to take a "carbine course" and play on the weekend, just take an extra BCG in your range bag, along with the 650,000,000 rounds of ammo you'll be shooting in 4 1/2 minutes. What's the big problem?
I bet Billt is the kind of guy that laughs at how silly the guys who practice multiple target engagements with their pistols. Stupid wanna-be soldiers, practicing and stuff. How funny!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #122

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_ View Post
Both are great manufacturers.

They have established themselves, spikes more so I would say, but I went with PSA personally, one of their rifle kits, and love it. I went with them based on them having the same specs on their rifles as the top tier. Same materials, same testing, just not as well established and PSA is having issues with their CS. I would even think its a safe bet my rifle would live through a "wanna-be soldier meeting" also known as a carbine class!!
Everyone knows you can watch any Stallone or Swartzenegger movie and you're instantly proficient with it. Sheesh. I can rip the center out of a target at 25 meters with my bench rested AR. I am more than capable of dealing with anything after that!!

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:11 AM   #123

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #124

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Damn you Mike, I opened it just for a quick laugh, have read it a thousand times and spewed some form of beverage over the phone/computer I was reading it on 3/4 of the time, and couldn't stop until I read the whole thing AGAIN.

I want me some surplus shrike missiles and an armored electric go-cart! It would also seem that I need to hire 24/7 security types like this to protect my classic Mortal Combat arcade game in the basement. Damn those Asian gangs!!!

Old 04-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #125

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

When I started this thread I asked for an explanation of what made a tier 1 AR. I asked if someone could explain how "mil-spec" could make a rifle more reliable. Quinten posted the "chart", and the best use I see for it is to see how company A's rifle compares to mil-spec. If I want a rifle that meets that spec the chart is great. If I want a reliable rifle with non mil-spec parts ( 1 in 9 barrel or stainless steel barrel for example) it dosn't help me. Smith and Wesson did not respond, but I would trust their 150+ years of manufacturing firearms enough to feel comfortable betting my life on one. If a gun needs to be mil-spec to be reliable, how in the heck does my 30 year old 10/22 still goes bang everytime I pull the trigger.

I also asked for proof of this "parts is parts" debate either for or against. I still have not seen either. That guestion always seems to come down to a pissing contest. Does DD use better parts than Stag? Prove it. Does Bushmaster use the same parts as Colt? Prove it.

The most common advice on this forum seems to be "build your own". If I can buy a S&W lower, put in a Rock River LPK and mate it to PSA upper to get a reliable rifle, why can't Stag do the same using their own parts.

As for me, I am new to ARs, but I have been shooting for 40 years. I like to think I can spot a quality firearm when I see one. Fit and finish have more to do with reliability than mil-spec. Just ask my 64 year old Browning Auto 5. I traded for a Rock River and feel very comfortable with that choice. It may not be "mil-spec", but the fit is excellent and the trigger smooth. If something happens I'll use my lifetime warranty to have it corrected. I did research my choice and saw the positive and negative things on the web, but ultimately listened to the reports from people I know who have personal experience with RRA ( one who is a LEO and does trust his life on one). If someone wants a Colt great. I would myself. If they want a Bushmaster good for them. If they ask my opinion, I will only speak about Rock River since that is what I have personal knowlege of. Its easy to repeat rumors and hearsay, but that's all it is. I think its best not to badmouth something I've never used.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #126

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
I will never understand how the guy who doesn't shoot, insists all parts are the same regardless of materials or workmanship, and doesn't understand the importance of proper weapon familiarization even attempts to pretend he knows anything about anything.

Q, I laughed my ass off when you asked bill if he marked his mags for classes. LOL
Looks like someone who got banned is back with a new account. My how clever.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I would get that crap out of my Colt in the safe though! But then we'll never agree.
I said I would. I'm just looking for an "expert" to give me reason enough to go through all the trouble? It operates the same. It shoots just as accurately. Hell, even the brass lands in the same place.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #128

http://www.firearmstalk.com/members/mikejk

For those of you who are new here, this is the same guy who got his a$$ tossed out of here a few weeks back because of all the nonsense he posted, along with trying to start arguments all over this board. He managed to get several threads closed, even his own. When he started telling the mods here how the board should be run, even they got sick of him and he was history.

He was bragging here a while back about his "smart phone", so that is most likely where he came up with another E-Mail address to get back in here. What's funny is before they got fed up with him and let the door smack his a$$, he was telling the mods here how bad the forum was, and how it was the reason why he let his "membership" expire. I guess that was yet more crap because now he's back with a "new" account, but still slinging the same old nonsense. If he was a criminal he wouldn't be too hard to catch, that's for certain. I guess he thinks everyone is as ignorant as he is, and won't catch on. This was his old account that got locked. If you click on some of the threads he posted in, you'll see they've been removed.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/members/mjkeat

You would think if he's going to post the same nonsense that got him tossed out of here in the first place, he'd have enough sense not to use the same name with the letters switched around. Something to think about when you read his "advice" on AR-15's. Anyone taking bets on how long it will be before he gets a repeat performance? Then, when he tries a third time his name will probably be "Mike J. Keat", or some such crap. His posts are all the same with some wording switched around, so I guess he thinks his "handle" should be much the same as well?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #129

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
http://www.firearmstalk.com/members/mikejk

For those of you who are new here, this is the same guy who got his a$$ tossed out of here a few weeks back because of all the nonsense he posted, along with trying to start arguments all over this board. He managed to get several threads closed, even his own. When he started telling the mods here how the board should be run, even they got sick of him and he was history.

He was bragging here a while back about his "smart phone", so that is most likely where he came up with another E-Mail address to get back in here. What's funny is before they got fed up with him and let the door smack his a$$, he was telling the mods here how bad the forum was, and how it was the reason why he let his "membership" expire. I guess that was yet more crap because now he's back with a "new" account, but still slinging the same old nonsense. If he was a criminal he wouldn't be too hard to catch, that's for certain. I guess he thinks everyone is as ignorant as he is, and won't catch on. This was his old account that got locked. If you click on some of the threads he posted in, you'll see they've been removed.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/members/mjkeat

You would think if he's going to post the same nonsense that got him tossed out of here in the first place, he'd have enough sense not to use the same name with the letters switched around. Something to think about when you read his "advice" on AR-15's. Anyone taking bets on how long it will be before he gets a repeat performance? Then, when he tries a third time his name will probably be "Mike J. Keat", or some such crap. His posts are all the same with some wording switched around, so I guess he thinks his "handle" should be much the same as well?
Get your facts straight. He didn't get tossed out of here.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Get your facts straight. He didn't get tossed out of here.
But he's the same guy who just thought he "needed" a new account? I'm sure. What is really funny is how you guys are acting like you don't know who he is in an attempt to cover for him. This is getting to be like Sesame Street. When is Big Bird going to show up?

Newest Threads