AR Suppressors
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR Suppressors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 04:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AR Suppressors

I'm looking at getting a suppressor for my AR and was wondering what brands/models you guys are using. What one would you recommend?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-26-2007, 04:46 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Check out Gemtech.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:16 AM   #3

I have checked out several of them and have a few in mind that I like but I am looking for first hand knowledge.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Check out www.major-malfunction.com (may not be able to link from this site, just type the address in) he is a FFL and Cls III dealer that specializes in that kind of thing. If you have questions, call him, he is a good dude. Just tell him his army brother told you to call him. If he doesn't hang up, he will help you out. Don't feel like you have to buy from him, he will be glad to talk to you if you just want info. And he does have great prices if you want to buy (all NFA laws apply).

regards

Last edited by hillbilly68; 11-27-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I've got an AAC M4-2000 Mod 7 .223 suppressor. It uses a Quick Attach ratchet type system that insures your can won't unscrew under use. I use it on my RRA 16" barrel, threaded 1/2-28 with a Phantom flash hider. The flash hider stays on the barrel and the can screws on over it. This can is FA rated. It makes it sound like a .22 rifle. I've gotten 4 cans and a SMG thru these guys. http://www.politesocietyinc.com/