Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR stock question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 03:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I also tried the single point of contact on my first m4forgery, I found it sounded better on paper than it was useful in real world transition.

I only posted that to add information to the subject from one of the most respected trigger pullers out there.

As for the three point, essentially it's an additional tie between the to two contact points. Here is an example.

I don't think the three point is mandatory, but I do, personally, prefer the two point sling combination.

To each his own, and if it works for you, kudos. I liked the single point sling, ordered both a special attachment and a special sling just to try it out. I went to the range one day, worked from low ready, to firing position to throwing it over my back to "attack in another direction" type of evac and found that I personally didn't like it.

I was out a couple of hundred bucks, which was something that I can afford as part of a D.I.N.K.s household - but it still was something I wasn't expecting.

I was merely trying to share some experience that I learned the hard way.

If you like the single point contact, I am happy for you and hope it is everything that you are looking for/need in a SHTF situation.

Personally, I like the standard two point with a quick release. It's perfect for everything I personally see myself doing and I can get out of it with one push of a button.

JD

Old 12-27-2008, 03:57 AM   #12

I am with JD on the single point. You may want to try one out at the range to make sure yocan do everything you need to with it.

I attended training with a bunch of SWAT guys and two USAF security guys where there as well. The vast majority had single point slings except me (only because I couldn't afford one at the time) and a few other non SWAT dudes. Anyhow, when it came to firing weak side, guess what? Not happening with a single point. Some of the other positions were damn near impossible with the single point as well since it's strung across the body.

I found the plain ole' two point cheap nylon sling did all I needed it to.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Last edited by jeepcreep927; 12-27-2008 at 03:59 AM.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post

I found the plain ole' two point cheap nylon sling did all I needed it to.

Yup, along with the JD comments this sums it up. Up to you, but the single point just is too specific an application, no versatility. A good quality sling with a quick release will serve you well. But to each his own. Good luck with the mods!